Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1014 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-24-2012, 01:25 AM   #15196
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yup! Trying to be VERY careful with it. I've broken it twice now. Jeep has 20,000 miles on it!

Unread 08-24-2012, 01:55 AM   #15197
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

First time was around 8k. Then again at around 13k. Spider gears missing teeth! Damn toothless spiders!! Lol the G2 assemblies look like they're the way to go. The D60 is only like 300 more than the D44 rear. Then I'll go with a 44 up front. Thinking the ECTED out back for the limslip and the controllable locker, and the ARB air locker for the front. Unless I come across a totaled rubi for cheap!!
Unread 08-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #15198
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
Thanks for everyone's replays. It ended up being the NSS. It started with a little jiggle of the shift lever. I'll clean it this weekend.
Cool, I havent checked the forum for a day or two and started catching up this morning before work, saw that you needed a meter so I tossed mine in my rig before leaving.. then got to work and found you already fixed it. Oh well..

Go to Harbor Freight and spend the quarter or whatever they want these days for a cheap meter.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #15199
sirhk100

Hey Power, this is probably the money for one of your axles, the other axle is on the other side not shown in this picture.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #15200
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just curious why you are doing drive line stuff prior to lifting the jeep Powr, only to have to redo it all once the jeep is lifted and the angles change again. Seems like you're finding ways to spend your money twice if you ask me!

Also the reason you break crap in your axles is because of your rainy day racing ( read your post a couple days ago). Haha

My Jeep is older than yours and has 111k miles and I have had no where near the problems you have, and thats with 3.08 stock gearing May be its time to ease the lead foot, take a driving lesson, or buy a prerunner! Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #15201
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
Just curious why you are doing drive line stuff prior to lifting the jeep Powr, only to have to redo it all once the jeep is lifted and the angles change again. Seems like you're finding ways to spend your money twice if you ask me!

Also the reason you break crap in your axles is because of your rainy day racing ( read your post a couple days ago). Haha

My Jeep is older than yours and has 111k miles and I have had no where near the problems you have, and thats with 3.08 stock gearing May be its time to ease the lead foot, take a driving lesson, or buy a prerunner! Haha
Busted! :lol:
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #15202
sirhk100

We'd have to set him up with 35 spline axles minimum, maybe even some 40 spline full floaters from the sounds of it!

Nutty thing, I know a team that breaks 40 spline 300M full float axles with a V6 truck! That's some aggressive driving!

Power, you seem like the person that needs to write out on a board exactly what you want your jeep to be. Then list all the parts needed to get there. Then organize them in an order that makes the most sense! It might save you some $$$ in the long run... Just saying! BTW, I was running around on 35's with stock axles and never broke one...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #15203
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

My TJ was on 33's with stock axles. It had 46k when I traded it in and the 33's were installed with under 1k on the odometer.
Unread 08-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #15204
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
It sounds like he has thought about it. No matter which way he goes, he is going to be spending money twice. Either way, driveshafts are going to have to be done twice. After the lift and after the axles. No two ways about it except to do everything at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Nutty thing, I know a team that breaks 40 spline 300M full float axles with a V6 truck! That's some aggressive driving!
I... Who... Wha...

This. I. Want. To. See.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #15205
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Just saying! BTW, I was running around on 35's with stock axles and never broke one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
My TJ was on 33's with stock axles. It had 46k when I traded it in and the 33's were installed with under 1k on the odometer.
The D35 is a finicky thing. I know a guy that had one locked with a detroit on 35's and never broke it. He finally swapped it out for a Solid 44 just because he was tired of worrying about it. Me on the other hand, I broke a D35 turning into my driveway. That axle was open on 31's.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #15206
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Actually he can get away with waiting to do the driveshafts after just changing the axles if he does the lift first. You can use your stock driveshaft with most lifts.
Unread 08-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #15207
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Actually he can get away with waiting to do the driveshafts after just changing the axles if he does the lift first. You can use your stock driveshaft with most lifts.
Not if he does a flat belly too unless he is only going with about 1.5 to 2 inches of lift.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #15208
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
First time was around 8k. Then again at around 13k. Spider gears missing teeth! Damn toothless spiders!! Lol the G2 assemblies look like they're the way to go. The D60 is only like 300 more than the D44 rear. Then I'll go with a 44 up front. Thinking the ECTED out back for the limslip and the controllable locker, and the ARB air locker for the front. Unless I come across a totaled rubi for cheap!!
Don't let anyone talk you out of G2 gear. I had some people say a lot of bad ***** about them. I have had there gears in my jeep for a few years and never have had an issue. I guess they used to be genuine gear or something like that and they had a bad reputation so they revamped and changed there name. But like I said they get my vote. My 2 cents
Unread 08-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #15209
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Not if he does a flat belly too unless he is only going with about 1.5 to 2 inches of lift.
He should hold off on the belly until the axles. That's why I suggested he do the lift first, before any drive line changes. A belly kit is a drive line change. I thought that was implied, sorry should've been more clear.

I think Powr needs to take Khris's advice and map out the build, it would save much money in the long run.

If I was trying to do what it sounds like he wants to do. I'd do the lift and tires, then axles and belly kit (get drive shafts done during the last step).

Besides ground clearance is best achieved by tire size so belly kit is minimal affect!
Unread 08-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #15210
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

And Andy don't tell me it sounds like he has thought it through! Powr's thought process is like a teen age girl picking her favorite pop star. If you need proof read through the 1k plus pages of this thread! Haha

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.