Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1010 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 08-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #15136
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Rainy days are stupid drivers' punishment materialized for everyone else's enjoyment!

Unread 08-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #15137
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Big thanks to spaceball for all the help with my truck. Friendly ford is taking care of me big time. Apparently my warranty does cover towing and hopefully I'll get it shipped over there today. Thanks again spaceball.
Did it make over there today? Make sure you just deal with Jarrad, he knows his sheet! And don't thanks me til it's done and fixed
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #15138
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball

Did it make over there today? Make sure you just deal with Jarrad, he knows his sheet! And don't thanks me til it's done and fixed
When it's all over with I'll have to bring you guys some lunch or something. Jared is the man. Im only dealing with friendly ford for now on. Is there anything I can do for either of you guys let me know.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #15139
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

When it's all over with I'll have to bring you guys some lunch or something. Jared is the man. Im only dealing with friendly ford for now on. Is there anything I can do for either of you guys let me know.
If he was able to get your ish covered, perhaps it's you that will be enjoying a sammich...on ur knees? JK lol
Unread 08-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #15140
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Got my front driveshaft cut and shortened today and rewelded together. Now I FINALLY have my 4wd working again!!!!

Now I can go wheeling again. I did go when it was raining today and it's so nice having 4wd.
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #15141
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I like racing people when it's raining. Keep it in 4-hi on takeoff and take it out going into third gear. Theyre slip sliding everywhere and your gone! (I know irresponsible-ness) fun anyway!
Unread 08-23-2012, 03:39 AM   #15142
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, I've checked the reviews on JF. Can anyone recommend a good HID headlight replacement for TJ? I've seen prices all over the map. Anything with a halo also? (I know they're ghey, but I think they look cool(guess I'm ghey too)) I seem to remember someone talking about them(HID), but not sure who.
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #15143
sirhk100

I can tell you first hand which ones suck...

Delta quadbar headlights with HID's in them and the Hella Vision Plus headlights with HID's in them. Both the delta and the Hella's are better with the bulbs that come in them then they are with the HID bulbs in them. Now when I say that... What I mean is actually from the driver's perspective they both kickass with the HID's!!!! You'll absolutely love them!!! Problem is, I'm pretty sure you haven't moved to BFE and I'm pretty sure your jeep is still driven around town. The issue is 3/4's of the other cars on the road will be flashing their high beams at you and I promise the ones that aren't are cussing you under their breath. Doesn't matter how low you aim them either. I've got them pointed as far down as physically possible yet I can't barely get out of my neighborhood without being high beamed a few times. If you DGAF about every other person on the road they're great, but getting flashed by virtually everyone sucks and gets annoying fast.

I've got a set of european Hella replacement headlights that are way better then stock in my opinion. They're brand new in the boxes still. They are not DOT approved though as they are directly from europe. If you don't care I'd let you have them for $75. You can even try them out and pay me after if you want to keep them, they take about 10 minutes to swap out. I also "might" have a set of HID's to fit in them also if you really just had to try them and don't believe me... I'll probably know within a week or so if those HID's are available. They might already be spoken for by your arch enemy and nemesis!

On a side note, saw this picture of the circle K a block off Boulder Highway on Tropicana yesterday. This is the one I go to when I want mango iced tea! LOL, I don't remember it looking like this Sunday when I was there though!

Between work and a date last night I got the first shock tacked in place on the front end and cycled it. I'm pretty happy with how everything is working on that. Should end up with about 16.5" of travel out of the front end which is more then some championships have been won with. Still have a LONG ways to go and what I did last night is actually just temporary to help locate the shocks, I still have to build the real shock mounts next. Got a couple more nights of shock placement to go probably and then I'll be able to get the real mounts fabbed up and in and then the front end will be looking pretty legit again finally!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #15144
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

nice flooding, I was a complete bum yesterday and only left the house to return a movie to redbox.
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #15145
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

So my Jeep is now working. Here are the symptoms.

- Left for work, started first crank as always.
- Stopped for gas and now it won't start
- Jeep has power
- Starter is not getting power, not even a click. The starte relay does not seem to click as well
- Tried swapping the starter relay, no luck
- Tried swapping starter fuse, no luck
- Tried a jump start, no luck

I have no idea whats going on, any ideas? I'm thinking maybe NSS. I did have to cross a psudo-river yesterday
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #15146
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Ok, I've checked the reviews on JF. Can anyone recommend a good HID headlight replacement for TJ? I've seen prices all over the map. Anything with a halo also? (I know they're ghey, but I think they look cool(guess I'm ghey too)) I seem to remember someone talking about them(HID), but not sure who.
I've talked about them in the past. Saying stuff like "I'll hate you forever if you do it." "They blind other drivers around you." "Why would you want to create a more hazardous driving condition?" Oh, and if you still decide to put them in, I'll hate you forever.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #15147
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post

- Jeep has power
- Starter is not getting power, not even a click. The starte relay does not seem to click as well

I have no idea whats going on, any ideas? I'm thinking maybe NSS. I did have to cross a psudo-river yesterday
Does everything else seem to work?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #15148
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post

- Jeep has power

It sounds like you are heading in the right direction. If you have a meter, check for power at the starter relay when the key is turned. You should have 12vdc. I would also start looking towards the neutral safety switch. It might be jacked up with it in park, try putting the trans in neutral and starting it. Get a good wiring diagram for your ride and trace out the starter circuit.
Unread 08-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #15149
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Does everything else seem to work?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
It sounds like you are heading in the right direction. If you have a meter, check for power at the starter relay when the key is turned. You should have 12vdc. I would also start looking towards the neutral safety switch. It might be jacked up with it in park, try putting the trans in neutral and starting it. Get a good wiring diagram for your ride and trace out the starter circuit.
Don't have a meter. Tried switching to neutral, no luck, but if its filled with water that might prevent contact wether its in P or N.
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2012, 10:16 AM   #15150
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

From doing a quick search... granted I did not see an actual diagram but it said that the G (Ground) terminal on the starter relay gets its signal from the NSS(Neutral Safety Switch) So if you jump terminal G to ground it will bypass the NSS.

If you do not have a meter you can always trying wiring up a 12vdc light bulb as a test light for a circuit. It is crude but it will help. Also are you broken down on the side of the road right now? If so where are you?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.