Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#20,162 ·
I loved that car but the costs to maintain / repair were crazy stupid especially with all of the dumb issues it had (electrical problems) while it was under warranty. After the warranty ran out it was like walking on eggshells waiting for the next thing to go wrong so I sold it and paid cash for a more "reliable car" with the money from the TT and still has $$ left over. I sure miss it though, I had a "rare" (for that car) one at that: brilliant white with black leather interior + 6 speed m/t w/ turbo. I NEVER lost my car in a parking lot :cool:

I bought the accord ex coupe next and although it is quick, I have had to put a buttload of $$$ into it because the previous owner didn't know how to drive it or raced it or both.. :brickwall
I know the feeling on loving a car but hating it issues. I loved the BMW that I totalled, but some things on it were just stupid. Thankfully, it never really had any maintenance issues, just dumb **** that engineers should have thought of. It had these rain sensors on it that rolled up the windows if they were down and it started to rain. What it didn't do, was close the sunroof. Figured that one out the hard way. There was a **** ton more but that one really chapped my ***.

#20,163 ·
really surprised that she did not go after the retirement. Not really the retirement but the benefits.

Divorce is not something that I want to go through or put my kids through.
She went after my retirement. I was originally supposed to keep my Jeep. I gave up the Jeep to keep my retirement.

#20,165 ·
Yes we had an H3. It was the wife's she had to have it. We owned it for six months then traded it in. Biggest POS ever. One good thing she got fear ended destroyed the car that hit her a left a scratch on the H3's bumper.
Your wife got fear ended?

NO FEAR!!! :cheers:

#20,168 ·
If anyone has a lead on 4 super dirt cheap or better yet free wheels I'm sorta looking, with tires would be even better! Don't care about condition of wheels as long as they'll hold a tire with air in it. If they have tires on them, I don't care about the condition of the tires even as long as they hold air too. Needs to be a 5 x 4.5 lug pattern (jeep TJ basically) and would prefer something that would basically fit on a TJ. Just needs to be enough to make a vehicle mobile to roll around on and that's it. I'm in no rush and won't really need for at least a month or two. If it's only the wheels without tire would prefer a 15" wheel cause tires are easy to find.

#20,169 ·
our neighbors in Texas had one for about 6 months. It was so small and cramped inside.... just over hyped. Now I would take an H1 any day
My next vehicle will be an H1 or another diesel truck.....

Just for S&G my list...and I rarely ever owned 1 vehicle at a time lol FWIW I'm only 33

1987 Jeep Cherokee (first vehicle)
1992 Honda Accord
1994 Toyota 4Runner
1984 Toyota 4Runner
1998 GMC Yukon
1999 F250 Diesel
2001 Ford F-150 Supercrew
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ
1982 CJ-7
1985 CJ-7
1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ
2002 Honda Accord
2004 Infiniti FX45
1992 Porsche 944-S2
2005 Dodge 2500 diesel
2008 Honda Civic
2005 Wrangler Unlimited (My current Jeep)
2006 Dodge 2500 Diesel
2012 Dodge Durango Citadel (Current)
1986 Mustang GT (current)
1968 CJ-5
1984 Jeep CJ-7 (current)

#20,171 ·
We used to always have 3, but it was hard enough to move 2 from Texas to here. I had to drive one car out and fly back because our daughter was 2 months old at the time. I am halfway worried about only having one car while the wife is in Korea, but I will get by.

#20,172 ·
I forgot to put my 1984 XJ on the list. I owned it in Germany. She was a garage queen. I only ever drove her once. I cut the front doors down, put a homemade lift on it, and then found cracks between the subframes and body. I couldn't weld them up with my little stick welder. Tried to sell it but nobody wanted it. Eventually junked it.

#20,174 ·
sirhk100 said:
I don't know how someone can own just one vehicle. I seem to always be on the edge of breaking one and need a spare to get to work! LOL
In high school I had my camaro and f-150, one as a back up for the other. I was in the process of building a hot 350 to put in the camaro when the trans went out on the truck. It was great to ride my bike to school for a month with both cars down. Probably the only kid with 2 cars riding a bike to school.

#20,176 ·
If anyone has a lead on 4 super dirt cheap or better yet free wheels I'm sorta looking, with tires would be even better! Don't care about condition of wheels as long as they'll hold a tire with air in it. If they have tires on them, I don't care about the condition of the tires even as long as they hold air too. Needs to be a 5 x 4.5 lug pattern (jeep TJ basically) and would prefer something that would basically fit on a TJ. Just needs to be enough to make a vehicle mobile to roll around on and that's it. I'm in no rush and won't really need for at least a month or two. If it's only the wheels without tire would prefer a 15" wheel cause tires are easy to find.
I have 3 stock yj rims with crappy tires that are useless you can have :cheers2:
I also have 4 nitto ats with 20% 315/75r16 if u find 16" rims id sell for cheap

#20,177 ·
I only have one.....vehicle (Thought that was gonna be like Lance Armstrong for a second, didn't you?)
You use roids? I heard that can cause your gonads to shrivel. :D

#20,178 ·
Anyone that wants to buy that beast has my permission cause it's way too tall to fit in my garage so I won't feel bad about not volunteering to help out with anything on it! LOL

Raptor, if you're serious about unloading those 3 wheels/tires I'll most likely take them. Just leaves me one more to find eventually. Basically I'm looking to keep what's on the exploder but still want something so that when I'm done with ****** I can actually roll it away. Don't care about shape, condition, matching, etc... Just need to be round and hold air for a day or so. LOL

#20,180 ·
Anyone that wants to buy that beast has my permission cause it's way too tall to fit in my garage so I won't feel bad about not volunteering to help out with anything on it! LOL

Raptor, if you're serious about unloading those 3 wheels/tires I'll most likely take them. Just leaves me one more to find eventually. Basically I'm looking to keep what's on the exploder but still want something so that when I'm done with ****** I can actually roll it away. Don't care about shape, condition, matching, etc... Just need to be round and hold air for a day or so. LOL
Lol the rims are round tires not so much. I think 1 might hold air

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.