Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1005 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic HalogFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-20

Unread 08-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #15061
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Team ford will be picking it up tomorrow. I just needed time to switch the CAI back to stock before I have it back in the dealer. Looks like the extended warranty will take care of it. I'll probably have to fight for a loaner but we will see.
Loaners are always the best... My favorite is when they have to change out the limited slip disc on your brand new mustang gt with less than 1k miles and they give you a 50k mile bottom of the line focus for 2 weeks. The best part was sending off that car payment for a loaded car then stroll out to a big old pos!!!

Moritz, the Mini dealership in Dallas was the exception. I always got either a cooperS or a clubmanS as a loaner when I took my car in for service.

Unread 08-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #15062
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

The last time I got a loaner it was at team ford. Thy gave me a 06 dodge caliber with no options. I was pretty ticked already but then they gave me a hunk of crap that wasn't even a ford product. I swear if they give me another crap car I'm going to drive the **** out of it.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #15063
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Try to get it airborne a couple of times before it goes back. There's a nice dip by the house here that would do the trick nicely. I wanna come take pics though!
Unread 08-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #15064
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It would be even better if you landed on a pigeon. Powr would be proud!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #15065
sirhk100

I have some friends that rally raced a rental. They gutted the interior and caged it in a day, raced it, cut the cage back out, put interior back in and returned it. Only question asked was about the amount of dust on the car, they told them they lived out a very long dirt road.

And while I was insanely lazy this weekend I did figure out seat mounts and might actually have one or even two bolted in place tonight! Yes, those are wood blocks supporting the seat, it won't be like that long...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #15066
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

haha, that reminds me of the days when I was a young airman. My roommate's car got backed into when we over at a friends party. The dude backed into his drivers side door and it broke the handle/locking mechanism. Where it hit deemed the car unsafe to drive because the driver could not get in and out without going out the passengers door. He then proceeded to find the shop that was backed up the most and decided that is where he wanted it fixed at. He had that rental car for almost 2 months. Nothing like seeing what happens when you pull the ebrake @ 70mph or around corners. That little car would light up the tires pretty good with a decent RND. I was honestly surprised that the car actually held up to the abuse we put it through.

My only good times with a rental was when I was up in Cleveland one of the dbs that I was working with was told to go get a rental car and make sure that he got an upgrade. Granted most people would realize that there was 10 of us and we needed an upgraded size for us and our luggage. Nope this tool comes back with a bmw 535i with a turbo'd inline 6. Needless to say I was able to snap a pic of the speedo while I was doing 154 down the 90. The funny part of it was the outside temp was only 15deg. Now before you gripe at me... the freeway was 4 lanes of open traffic with concrete walls on both sides. No place for cops or merging traffic. The only reason that I let off was because I was approaching a few cars on the freeway. After having several turbo cars I was honestly surprised how much it was still pulling after 140ish.
Unread 08-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #15067
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I have some friends that rally raced a rental. They gutted the interior and caged it in a day, raced it, cut the cage back out, put interior back in and returned it. Only question asked was about the amount of dust on the car, they told them they lived out a very long dirt road.

And while I was insanely lazy this weekend I did figure out seat mounts and might actually have one or even two bolted in place tonight! Yes, those are wood blocks supporting the seat, it won't be like that long...

There was a few guys down in FL back in the early 90's that would rent 5.0 rustangs and install a 300hp spray kits then take them to the local drag strip. I was honestly surprised that they never blew anything up spraying a stock motor with that much gas.
Unread 08-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #15068
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

When I did valet we would get people that would rent exotic cars. Then ask us how to drive them. We had a guy in a z06 that couldn't drive an manual. It was pretty awesome watching him stall multiple times in the drive way.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #15069
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
When I did valet we would get people that would rent exotic cars. Then ask us how to drive them. We had a guy in a z06 that couldn't drive an manual. It was pretty awesome watching him stall multiple times in the drive way.
With clutch at floor, in first gear, rev and hold rpm at 3000. Proceed to side step off clutch and bury throttle!
Watch and laugh!
Unread 08-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #15070
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Thats actually pretty dangerous. You really have to know what you're doing with that much torque
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #15071
sirhk100

I will fully admit, we've got an '06 mustang GT that's supercharged and pretty heavily tuned with other stuff... It's hard to drive for an average dude like me. Don't mistake that for not being fun by any means though! It's a blast but it's a handful to control. I'm not sure what it's putting out power wise but it's the fastest car I've ever driven on the street at least! LOL I'd feel better with 500hp in the dirt which really makes no sense but that's just where most of my higher speed driving has occurred! LOL

I still like ******* when they rent the car and demo derby it and then try to return it!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #15072
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Oh, I was dining when I signed that...well you guys look like you need to talk amongst yourselves so I will just go. That was the funniest party of that whole movie
Unread 08-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #15073
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Oh, I was dining when I signed that...well you guys look like you need to talk amongst yourselves so I will just go. That was the funniest party of that whole movie
I think I missed something
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #15074
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I still like ******* when they rent the car and demo derby it and then try to return it!
****** = jacka$$
Unread 08-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #15075
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Just watched "One Car Too Far." All but two of the people on this board would have been better on the show than Bill Wu. I won't say which two of you would have been worse, but you know who you are! I didn't see anything about Wu that made me think I would want to wheel with him or trust him to spot for me. If you google him, it looks like he races exotics in real life, and I don't see anything to suggest that he has any bona fides with offroading.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.