Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1002 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #15016
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

makes me want to go walking in there with a camcorder, and other recording devices... then just say that I thought you were only looking for guns and explosives.

Unread 08-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #15017
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Tell them to eff off! There's a reason women carry a purse! They carry personal products inside that the tween working the line has no business sharing with the world.
Unread 08-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #15018
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks again for the trail this morning, Greg. I needed to get away, and the rain made it awesome!
image-3013872637.jpg   image-624552361.jpg   image-1602149631.jpg  
Unread 08-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #15019
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Thanks again for the trail this morning, Greg. I needed to get away, and the rain made it awesome!
Did you guys do the hike? We were wondering why we didn't see you. We got to the Mary Jane trailhead around 11am.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #15020
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
So the wife and I just walked into a movie @ the RedRock; the usher asked my wife to open her purse so he could look inside. Before I could say anything, my wife complied. I asked the guy what the purpose was and he responded that because of the Colorado incident they are checking for guns and explosives. I asked him if he was going to pat us down next and he said no because he "could tell that I dont have a gun on me, just a cell phone". Wow. I couldnt believe the sheer ignorance and stupidity that these people are demonstrating. What a complete joke/waste of time. My wife pulled me away before I could start arguing with the guy though.. oh well.
My girlfriend and I went to see Batman at GVR the week after the Colorado incident. They asked her to open her purse before we went into the theater. They didn't say a word to me and I was carrying a .45 and two spare magazines. At least everyone one in my theater was safe...
Unread 08-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #15021
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

Did you guys do the hike? We were wondering why we didn't see you. We got to the Mary Jane trailhead around 11am.
No, we went to Griffith trail head and did a short hike, and looked around a bit. Hung out by the jeeps and bs'd a bit and then drove around on some trails in the rain. How was big falls? Probably flowed like Yosemite?
Unread 08-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #15022
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The knee jerk reaction to look into purses is so asinine! You can't fit an AR in a purse. If you are going to a theatre to shoot, you probably won't buy a ticket in the first place. People are so stupid!
Unread 08-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #15023
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

We ended up driving up to the griffith peak trailhead. Then on the way back we hit a few side trails. Then we cut across kyle canyon road and did angels peak up to the telephone line road
Unread 08-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #15024
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon

My girlfriend and I went to see Batman at GVR the week after the Colorado incident. They asked her to open her purse before we went into the theater. They didn't say a word to me and I was carrying a .45 and two spare magazines. At least everyone one in my theater was safe...
EXACTLY. I noticed they didnt have anyone posted at the emergency exits either.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #15025
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
EXACTLY. I noticed they didnt have anyone posted at the emergency exits either.
In my show, they did send someone into the theater early on to check the exit doors and he was eyeing us all suspiciously as he did it. However, he didn't come over and ask me for my gummy worms so I was ok.
Unread 08-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #15026
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

As if it weren't already enough of a hassle to go to the theaters already. 10.50 for the ticket, 6.50 for popcorn, 4.50 for a drink, outrageous prices on candy, no outside food or drink, etc. Now you have to let someone look inside your bags as if going to the airport! Sales on big TVs and bluray disks will go crazy!
Unread 08-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #15027
sirhk100

I don't own a smart phone and I don't even know how or where to change the setting on youtube to make it mobile on them so dgaf... LOL

Oh and for the record, I know it was sketchy and a pretty ballsy move but I actually made it into the movie theater the other night, watched an entire movie, and then went home safe without incident. Insane right!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #15028
sirhk100

Okay, scratch that last post. I just looked into what is involved in making youtube videos viewable on phones... Sorry ain't gonna happen with the music I used in that one. It's worth watching on a bigger screen anyways imo. I don't see why people are so connected to their phones. I don't want to be attached to the hip to my phone. Seems like everyone with smart phones pays more attention to their phones then the people they're with.

Unread 08-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #15029
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I don't want to be attached to the hip to my phone
so if you had a smart phone you would have a case on your belt? Next I suppose that you would walk around with an earpiece in all the time so you can look important
Unread 08-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #15030
sirhk100

I am important! People see that just by the way I walk and the way I dress!!! At least that's what I think when they point and laugh...

It'll be quite a while till I make the smart phone jump. I just don't see the point to justify the added $30 forced data plan crap. Like I tell my friends, my dog's only going to be able to eat for 1/3rd of the month cause I sure as hell ain't cutting my budget anywhere else to justify a retarded phone! I'm also the person that didn't have a home computer until early 2009 so...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.