Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#32,983 ·
So I talked to some of the guys over in the Utah forum. There's 8 inches of snow on the ground already and some of the trails are shut down. We're trying to decide on another location. Anyone have any recommendations on somewhere with good rock crawling and trails that's maybe some place warmer then here?

#32,985 ·
matthew900 said:
So I talked to some of the guys over in the Utah forum. There's 8 inches of snow on the ground already and some of the trails are shut down. We're trying to decide on another location. Anyone have any recommendations on somewhere with good rock crawling and trails that's maybe some place warmer then here?
Go to truck haven, where Khris went a few weeks ago. It looked fun there.

#32,987 ·
Truckhaven but it's gonna be CROWDED!!! But, if you go to the "notches" at night, it'll be a show you won't forget! I promise more then one vehicle will roll over in there every night! It's a drunken crawling s-show that's well worth watching! You can easily head out there with no clue and find endless badass trails just exploring... PM me if you want details on where to camp.

#32,993 ·
Anyone know where I can buy a 1 inch drill bit for metal? Or am I stuck using a stepped bit. Thanks!
HS Black and Gold bit from McFadden Dale.....they are pricey, but the best I have found and what I prefer to use. Be sure and use a good cutting oil (NOT wd-40!!) take your time and it will cut like butter.........If you only have to drill 1 hole, then buy something cheap:D

#32,994 ·
HS Black and Gold bit from McFadden Dale.....they are pricey, but the best I have found and what I prefer to use. Be sure and use a good cutting oil (NOT wd-40!!) take your time and it will cut like butter.........If you only have to drill 1 hole, then buy something cheap:D
Thanks, I have actual cutting oil. Do you know how much those bits run? I looked at depot, lowes, and harbor freight and no one had a metal cutting bit that large.

#32,997 ·
Raptor0206 said:
When I had to drill a 5/8 hole for my track bar I got a bit from Lowes. It was for wood but it cut the metal like butter it was like 12 bucks just go slow
Home Depot actually carries 5/8 drill bits for metal. Lowes does not. I only know this because I really needed one not that long ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.