Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#29,882 ·
I don't care if my lights will survive a nuclear blast though, I just want them to be bright enough to see and well... HID... LOL Those Ultra 4 buggies are too fast for LED in my opinion!
Wait until you see what's coming in the near future.....I spent some time chatting with people who are building the next generation of transfer cases for Ultra4.....800-1000hp engines I guess require similar cost of transfer cases to not grenade!! Watch out Trophy Trucks!!!:D

#29,884 ·
Hardcore parts don't end up in too many catalogs. It is all about volume and how much markup your supplier can have.
ding ding ding!!!! Winner!!!! If I could pocket our profit off of our hood hold downs alone my annual pay would be a substantial increase compared to what I currently make!!! That single part alone would likely put a smile on just about everyone's face in here. And that's just one single part... I also just did my math guessing on numbers conservatively as I don't know what the vendor cost is on those but just figure we sold over 2900 of those last year and we're sitting to beat that number this year if trends continue.

#29,885 ·
Wait until you see what's coming in the near future.....I spent some time chatting with people who are building the next generation of transfer cases for Ultra4.....800-1000hp engines I guess require similar cost of transfer cases to not grenade!! Watch out Trophy Trucks!!!:D
did you see the case armada custom made for that 1000+ hp twin turbo'd awd ralley truck they've been testing lately? That thing is badass!!!! No low range obviously though.

And sorry, you rock guys can talk all you want but the U4's still have a ways to go till they have a real chance of overalling a SCORE/BITD race. What's Shannon's best finishing position ever? Nobody's come close to his results in desert racing with an ultra 4 that I know of and while he's got some top 10 finishes I believe I don't think he's been close to an overall. Has he ever even won a class 1 race? Sure, enter in a MORE/SNORE race and a U4 probably has a chance of overalling it but then again, that's a MORE/SNORE race.

#29,886 ·
did you see the case armada custom made for that 1000+ hp twin turbo'd awd ralley truck they've been testing lately? That thing is badass!!!! No low range obviously though.

And sorry, you rock guys can talk all you want but the U4's still have a ways to go till they have a real chance of overalling a SCORE/BITD race. What's Shannon's best finishing position ever? Nobody's come close to his results in desert racing with an ultra 4 that I know of and while he's got some top 10 finishes I believe I don't think he's been close to an overall. Has he ever even won a class 1 race? Sure, enter in a MORE/SNORE race and a U4 probably has a chance of overalling it but then again, that's a MORE/SNORE race.
All I'm saying is the TOP builders for the TOP Trophy Trucks are on board and building for several Ultra 4 teams and Shannon is not one of them. Obviously these said guys would actually have to enter a desert race to try and win it. I'm not arguing the rock/desert thing as I'm smart enough to know the difference. Until a true desert racer who enters KOH and wins......and vice versa for an Ultra4 guy....IMHO there is no argument.

#29,887 ·
It'll be a long time till a desert racer wins koh imo but they're not going to enter in a TT when that happens either. Where as the U4 guys are entering desert races in their U4's and well, sorry, they aren't going to be competitive with the top overall. Put robby gordon in his torchmate U4 or any other U4 and set him loose at BITD or SCORE and he's not going to beat the TT's.

Yes, I've seen some very very nice U4's being built by raceco, paradigm, es motorsports and I even saw a hint of possibly one being built at SI motorsports which would be absolutely insanely sexy I'd imagine if they do the entire ground up build. I'm sure there's many others out there. Wouldn't be surprised if SPD or Brenthal are working on something too.

I'm just commenting on this...

Watch out Trophy Trucks!!!
I highly doubt the top TT guys are remotely concerned about the next generation of U4's taking their number 1 spots.

#29,888 ·
It'll be a long time till a desert racer wins koh imo but they're not going to enter in a TT when that happens either. Where as the U4 guys are entering desert races in their U4's and well, sorry, they aren't going to be competitive with the top overall. Put robby gordon in his torchmate U4 or any other U4 and set him loose at BITD or SCORE and he's not going to beat the TT's.

Yes, I've seen some very very nice U4's being built by raceco, paradigm, es motorsports and I even saw a hint of possibly one being built at SI motorsports which would be absolutely insanely sexy I'd imagine if they do the entire ground up build. I'm sure there's many others out there. Wouldn't be surprised if SPD or Brenthal are working on something too.

I'm just commenting on this...

I highly doubt the top TT guys are remotely concerned about the next generation of U4's taking their number 1 spots.
I was joking.....you took it to heart....sorry about that :D

#29,889 ·
Nothing taken to heart about it, just saying that you're smoking crack if you really think an U4 is anywhere near hanging with the top TT's yet or anytime soon in a desert race. LOL Are they fast? Yeah, I'd probably pee my pants in one but I'd probably pee my pants and poop them too in a TT with a top driver behind the wheel.

#29,890 ·
Nothing taken to heart about it, just saying that you're smoking crack if you really think an U4 is anywhere near hanging with the top TT's yet or anytime soon in a desert race. LOL Are they fast? Yeah, I'd probably pee my pants in one but I'd probably pee my pants and poop them too in a TT with a top driver behind the wheel.
Well if it's any consolation I did pee a little riding in a TT without a top driver lol. :laugh:

#29,892 ·
Why build one when you can buy one. I said my low dollar is $15K but for you puck, I'll let you take it for $14K! "If" it doesn't sell, you'll have to go again with the new spindles and new shock valving once I get around to it. It should be capable of A LOT more then what it current is.

I've heard that you're not going fast in a TT until your vision is blurred a little from hitting bumps so hard. Basically talking with Rob Mac he was saying that if he can see clearly he's not going fast enough or something is wrong with the truck.

#29,894 ·
Why build one when you can buy one. I said my low dollar is $15K but for you puck, I'll let you take it for $14K! "If" it doesn't sell, you'll have to go again with the new spindles and new shock valving once I get around to it. It should be capable of A LOT more then what it current is.

I've heard that you're not going fast in a TT until your vision is blurred a little from hitting bumps so hard. Basically talking with Rob Mac he was saying that if he can see clearly he's not going fast enough or something is wrong with the truck.
Sweet my Jeep does that at 50mph......I knew I was going fast!!!! :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.