Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#2 ·
#4 ·
Its all good.My kid usually do it anyway when hes not driving.

Hes still scared going over rocks.

#5 ·
The October 23rd run is a go. However, Im thinking about doing a little run on October 9th as well. The run I will do then will be the "confidence hill" trail (very short, takes about 30 minutes) and then a tip toe around the "Rock Bottom" trail. The trail gets pretty hairy at parts, but I can guide people around those parts pretty well. Ask Dr Marneaus. I think Im a pretty good spotter overall. Anyways, we'll head out around 8 and stop at the gas station in Logandale prior to hitting the trails.

Meet up: Petrol Stop gas station on the I-15 near the Nascar speedway
Time: 730 AM. We'll be rolling out at 8AM
Trail difficulty: A solid 3-4 out of 5. Some lift needed, locker would be nice. A stock Rubi would make it.
Duration: Probably an all day affair. We'd be back in Vegas by 4 or so.
Note: Bring a cooler with water, gatorade, etc. (Please, no alcohol)

In's:
ME!

#9 ·
30th Annual Hump-N-Bump November 5th - 6th

Hello Everyone,
Sorry if you get this more than once but I wanted everybody to know about this event early enough to be able to clear their schedules for it.
I'm Jeff from the Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers and I want to invite everybody to join us at the 30th Annual Hump-N-Bump this November 5th - 6th. The HNB is the Largest off road event of it's type in Southern Nevada. It's based out of the Clark County Fairgrounds and this the 30th is going to be the biggest and best one ever. After the awesome trails on Friday we're having a Car Crawl. Smashing cars with your 4X4 is a lot of fun to do and great fun to watch. Hotdogs and refreshments will be sold by the Boyscouts at the Car Crawl. After we all get back from the trails on Saturday John Mulls Road Kill Grill will be serving award winning BBQ with Pork Ribs, Smoked Brisket, BBQ Chicken and Smoked hot links. Some of the side dishes are tossed salad, Potato salad, Macaroni Salad, Baked Beans, Burgers, Mac & Cheese, Soda & Water and Peach Cobbler for desert. This dinner will be awesome.

Lots of us have been working hard on securing great sponsors for the Raffle and it's going really well with about a month left to go. So far our sponsors have kicked in over $23,000.00 in raffle prizes which includes sets of tires, winches, CO2 Systems, Bumpers, Rocker Guards, Hi Lift Jacks and much, much more. Proceeds from the Raffle support our efforts to keep our public roads and trails into the back country clean and open. We also support land access groups such as the Blue Ribbon Coalition and Tread Lightly.

We will be running trails primarily in the Logandale Trail System for all levels from stock 4X4's to full on Rock Buggy's. RV parking with Partial hookups (Pwr & Water) are available. This year it's going to be huge with Television coverage by the At Your Leisure TV program, Channel 5 and 8 news are also scheduled to cover it. You and your rig could be on TV, in the news or show up in the off-road Magazines.

For more information and registration check out our club web site event page www.vv4w.org/humpnbump.asp or look for Hump-N-Bump on Facebook for daily updates on the event. Please register early so we know how many to expect for dinner.

Thanks
Jeff Jorgensen
VV4W BOD

#10 ·
Logandale

Wasup fellas'.....

First post on the jeep forum. I'm one of the FSJers Dr. Marneaus mentioned. I may make the Logandale run on the 23rd. Its a toss up...... the Logandale run or the Big Sandy machine gun shoot. I will post up when I get things firmed up.

Anyone doing local runs in the future, put me on your email list and shoot me a message when your going.

Thanks,

Dan
calaircon@aol.com

#11 ·
Wasup fellas'.....

First post on the jeep forum. I'm one of the FSJers Dr. Marneaus mentioned. I may make the Logandale run on the 23rd. Its a toss up...... the Logandale run or the Big Sandy machine gun shoot. I will post up when I get things firmed up.

Anyone doing local runs in the future, put me on your email list and shoot me a message when your going.

Thanks,

Dan
calaircon@aol.com
Hey! Welcome, glad you joined up over here too. Not quite as much info on the FSJ's, but a good place none the less.

This is where is pretty much live, haha. Also, this is where my jeep's build thread lives.

#13 ·
Many of the trails we run in southern Nevada tend to use a lot of dry washes and Waterfall type obstacles. They can be very dangerous when storms are in the area due to the possibility of flash floods. If you have seen or experienced a flash flood you will know what I mean. It can be clear skis above you and the wall of water coming towards you could be from mountains miles away. We turned back from the Logandale area on Saturday for exactly that reason. When it rains hard out here people often die from being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

#17 ·
I was planning on going as of last sunday but found out i tore the boot off my front driveshaft when i was installing my skid plate.But im in for the 23 also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.