Camping... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Camping...

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Camping...

Does anyone know of some great camping spots between Caliente and Ely Nevada? Iím hoping to find something up high, forested and near a creek or stream. It also has to be out of a park and the more remote the better.

1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Does anyone know of some great camping spots between Caliente and Ely Nevada? Iím hoping to find something up high, forested and near a creek or stream. It also has to be out of a park and the more remote the better.
Cleve creek is a cool place, just south from there you can wheel Coopers summit over to Cave lake and down to Ely.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Or Patterson pass road on the left before Hwy 50, has a whole lot of exploring, no creeks close by though.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

There's not alot.of 'high up' stuff between the two.

Why does it have to be out of a park?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #5
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Spaceball, thanks for that info, Iíll Google those tonight.

Dr. Marneaus, we are taking my dog and of course a few guns (not park friendly), plus I like to camp far away from the crowd.
Unread 07-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222
Spaceball, thanks for that info, I’ll Google those tonight.

Dr. Marneaus, we are taking my dog and of course a few guns (not park friendly), plus I like to camp far away from the crowd.
Thought you could have guns in state parks?

Only.place I've camped between here an ely is panaca, but that was in cathedral gorge when I was doing work for them.

Then i've amped alot in ely too.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 01:36 AM   #7
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Well so far it looks like weíll be camping in the nearby hills around Beaver Dam Sate Park. I scouted around all day on Tuesday (17th) from Caliente to Eagle Valley but never quite made it to Ely. Next time Iím not going to wait until the last minute to find a place. The daytime temps were between the mid-60s and high 80s, really nice. I just hope itís the same when we are camping which will be from the 23rd through the 27th.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.