Best Trails in Southern Nevada? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Best Trails in Southern Nevada?

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 04-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #16
Rubi4MyMrs
Tks 4 the upgrade MoodyJP

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have 3 of their books & find them very informative. The Vol. 1 is what you need. It covers from Beatty to Mesquite & everything South to Laughlin. Vol. 2 is Southwestern NV & covers from about Hawthorne to Tonopah to Beatty. I also have the Death Valley book which is very good. Tony Huegel has books similar but I donít know what areas he covers. I have his California Desert Byways & itís pretty good (Wilderness Press). What I like about his book is that it is spiral bound. You can open it to any page & fold it over making it easier to handle & keep open to your page. I like the idea & had my Mitchell books spiral bound at Staples for very cheap.

Rubi4MyMrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #17
bluecollarbob

Thanks Rubi!
bluecollarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #18
Rubi4MyMrs
Tks 4 the upgrade MoodyJP

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Today I just picked up a Utah Trails - Southwest Region By Peter Massey & Jeanne Wilson. It looks promising. I've done Cedar City to Boulder along mostly Hwy 12 & down Burr Trail years ago & want to revisit it now with the jeep. That is some spectacular country if you haven't seen it.

Last yr we did the North Rim from various F S & fire roads & on the way back found what is called "Hobgoblin's Playground" South of Riverside, NV not far from Mesquite. It's down Old Gold Butte Rd. Just West of Devil's Throat. That is an easy trail & worth seeing. Best view of the formations in the late afternoon but could be tricky coming back at night (we were there in the AM). Google Earth has a bunch of photos of the area.
Rubi4MyMrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.