Anyone in Las Vegas want to make a few bucks? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Anyone in Las Vegas want to make a few bucks?

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
skream
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone in Las Vegas want to make a few bucks?

I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade but unfortunately i dont know much about my jeep. So i thought maybe someone would want make a few bucks by diagnosing my problem before i try to take it to a shop.

Either that, or if someone knows a shop that will take a look without charging me first.

here's a link to the thread/problem http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...96#post7012796

skream is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
skream
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I found out that it's definitely the throw out bearing and from what i've been hearing and reading is that most people just go ahead and change the clutch and pressure plate.

Is anyone looking for something to do this weekend? This is my first real jeep fix. (Daddys little girl is growing up! *tear*) So I'd rather get a little hands-on time with this than take it to a shop. I just need some help.
Unread 04-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
Shags78
1995 YJ Wrangler 

What side of town you live on? When you looking to do this? You have tools and a garage? Shoot me a PM if you need help.

T
Shags78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2009, 08:09 AM   #4
skream
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the offer! i'm in the air force so I'm going to use the auto hobby center on Nellis to do the work. I have a friend thats going to give me a hand as well. Planning on doing it this weekend (may 2nd)
Unread 04-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #5
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

not on topic, but your the first fellow crew chief i've seen on here. your at nellis so im guessing 16's right? i was pcs'ed to langley afb after good ol sheppard afb.
Unread 04-26-2009, 08:20 PM   #6
Shags78
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skream View Post
Thanks for the offer! i'm in the air force so I'm going to use the auto hobby center on Nellis to do the work. I have a friend thats going to give me a hand as well. Planning on doing it this weekend (may 2nd)

Ah, the good old auto hobby center. When I was in the Army stationed at Fort Hood ours was right across the street from my barracks. I would spend all day in the motorpool and then go wrench on my own stuff there. Good times those were.

Sounds like you and your buddy got everything worked out. If you need an extra set of hands or just someone there to cheer lemme know.
Shags78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #7
skream
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm actually at Creech AFB, bout 30 miles north. Working MQ-9 Reaper avionics. Which is weird as hell because i was E&E on C-130's this time last year
Unread 04-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #8
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

that sucks!!!!!! f-15e's right here!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.