JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Nevada Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/)
-   -   2012 survival plans (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/2012-survival-plans-1311985/)

Puck81 01-09-2012 11:30 AM

2012 survival plans

Ok guys what plan do you have? I'm not talking zombie outbreak or end of the world "2012 movie" scenario. More like civil unrest or social disorder. This is "worst case scenario" natural disaster sparks disorder and the government is slow to respond. What plans do you guys have if any?

gregaf3 01-09-2012 12:43 PM

I am gonna have to rewatch zombieland to review the rules!!

Puck81 01-09-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregaf3
I am gonna have to rewatch zombieland to review the rules!!

Lol I dont think Zombieland would work... I'm talking about a possible REAL scenario, not hollywood scenario. But Zombieland was a fun movie!

ksturgio 01-09-2012 01:59 PM

I'm not super crazy about how I do it, but I have a 55 gal drum of water, about 6 mo of canned and bottled food that we rotate through to keep fresh. Also about 12,000 rounds of .22 and about 2000 rds of 9mm. As well as other ammo.

I have a buddy in Utah that is crazy about it. He stores 500 gal of diesel and 500 gal of gas and enough food for 3 years. His cabin is in the middle of no where. And he has an escape route he has mapped and travels occasionally to get from Nevada and salt lake taking as many back roads as possible. Like I say he is a little crazy about it. It of some thing happens I know who to call.

sirhk100 01-10-2012 10:07 AM

My plan is to start stocking up on ammo and keep my job and work hard at it to hopefully get another good sized holiday bonus next year!

no1gtkid 01-17-2012 07:32 PM

My guide

Depends on what the condition is. Is it right to stay put and protect where I am or Do I need to leave location.
I have a few meeting places that are out and away from the city. My wife and a few select know these locations.
I have my to go bag ready for 72 hours and another for longer terms.
I have my to go guns, pistol/rifle/shotgun with more than enough ammo.
I have a water filtering devices and pills
I have my camping and hunting gear trunks always prepared.
I have my jeep or Dodge Dakota 4x4. If I need I can load my Enduro and ATV in the truck and have my wife follow me into the outback so we have other means to move quickly.
My wife has the same for her gear.
Training....
Only issue would be to decide if it is serious unrest enough to kill the dogs.:eek:
Other wise I am not ready at all.... ;)

PMSteve 01-27-2012 07:03 PM

My plan is to "Survive in Place".

I live in an area where big city folks would look to escape to.

I have what I need here, I know my neighbors and my community. I doubt that much could seriously happen that would make me want to leave. :cool:

Spaceball 01-27-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMSteve (Post 12938735)
My plan is to "Survive in Place".

I live in an area where big city folks would look to escape to.

I have what I need here, I know my neighbors and my community. I doubt that much could seriously happen that would make me want to leave. :cool:

I know what you mean, Ely is my hometown, we were practically neighbors, give or take 70 miles....... :cheers2:

The time now is 04:22 AM.