2009 SEMA Show anyone going? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > 2009 SEMA Show anyone going?

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThis is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes weSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 10-25-2009, 06:36 AM   #1
puttputt56
2006 TJ Wrangler 

2009 SEMA Show anyone going?

2010 SEMA Show in Las Vegas Nov. 2-5 anyone going? I will be there from the 1st thru the 5ths. This will be my 8th time going. It is not open to the general public. puttputt56

puttputt56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

I go with my work every other year. This just happens to be the year I'm not going. I don't think it will be as good as years passed thought with the economy the way it is. The rest of my troops from work are going so I'll get the report from them.
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
puttputt56
2006 TJ Wrangler 

2009 SEMA Show

From the reports that I have been getting from SEMA their vendor count is running about the same as last year and the registration number are about the same too! But if it is a little smaller than past years that might be a good thing, you might be able to get around better (not as many people) if that is the case. Even if it was half the size it is still the best show around bar none!!! puttputt56
Unread 10-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm going. Staying at the Hard Rock can't wait. Flying in Wed. Night and driving a friends show truck back Friday.
NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #5
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'll be stopping in Bakersfield on my way back to Fresno were Im parking the jeep. It's only about $50 for a one way ticket from Fresno to LV. It's more than double that from Sacramento to LV.

Where do you work at Putput? I used to live in Bako.
NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
ninemmbill
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I will be there. If anyone is looking for pics or info on anything specific, let me know and I will do my best.
ninemmbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 09:10 AM   #7
puttputt56
2006 TJ Wrangler 

2009 SEMA Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalCon View Post
I'll be stopping in Bakersfield on my way back to Fresno were Im parking the jeep. It's only about $50 for a one way ticket from Fresno to LV. It's more than double that from Sacramento to LV.

Where do you work at Putput? I used to live in Bako.
I am a retired Kern County Fire Fighter (27 years) live in the NW, but I own my own Drafting Company and have been doing Drafting for over 35 years to include aftermarket 4x4 equipment etc. I also was the Departments 911 Race for Youth Co-ordinator/driver for 10 years and did work for Trenz when it was in Bakersfield and before it sold out.

My son will be taking tons of pictures as he has done in the past and will post them on the RCC Forum too!! The SEMA eNews Letter each month also will have pictures covering each automakers vehicles that are in the show including private owned vehicles. puttputt56
Unread 11-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #8
puttputt56
2006 TJ Wrangler 

2009 SEMA Show

Returned home last night from the SEMA Show. Had a great time even if it was only about 3/4 the size it has been in the past. The vendor count was down but the visitors numbers were about the same. There was about 4 Automotive Trade Shows going on at the same time there in Vegas ( SEMA, AAPEX, NACE & CARS) and I believe that is one reason the SEMA Show was down this year. They had to make a decision which show they were going to participate in. With the economy down they couldn't be at all of them this year like in the past. NACE & CARS had most of the equipment/tools company participating at those shows and not at the SEMA or AAPEX shows.
I came away this year with about half the stuff (give aways) I normally get at the SEMA Show. The best part of the SEMA Show again this year was the NHRA Breakfast. It had 6 of the top 10 all time NHRA Racers (Winter Nationals 50 years) there and they put on an unbelievable show!! Last year it was 4 or 5 of the all time leading Woman Racers and the year before was John Force and his Family. I highly recommend going to this event it is free too! The awards Breakfast is also free and would be second on my list of favorite things at the Show. puttputt56

Update: the vendor count was 1,700 vendors this year compared to 2,000 last year. Attendance 130,000 this year compared to 150,000 last year.

Last edited by puttputt56; 11-13-2009 at 09:03 AM..
Unread 11-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #9
puttputt56
2006 TJ Wrangler 

2009 SEMA Show

Here is a link to the pictures my son took at this years SEMA Show:

http://semashow2009.shutterfly.com/ puttputt56
Unread 11-17-2009, 10:40 PM   #10
duntov
1998 XJ Cherokee 

SEMA show was nice, busy, lots of nice vehicles.
1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic, Chili Pepper Red, 4.0, 4WD, 3" OME Full Leaf, JKS QD, JL Sub, Sony CD w/Ipod adapter, Polk Audio Speakers, Uniden CB Radio. JCR Front Prerunner bumper, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Reese hitch, Yakima Rack, Mopar spare tire rack.

2013 Jeep Unlimited, Gecko. Bone Stock.
duntov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #11
puttputt56
2006 TJ Wrangler 

SEMA 2010 Show

Anyone going to this years 2010 SEMA Show. I, my son and a co-worker will be going this year. Have our tickets and room reservation all ready. Also received our passes already, so we are set!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.