Yosemite trails? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Yosemite trails?

VANCO DUAL MODE KNUCKLE 15" and 16" Big Brake kiLabor Day Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 07-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
peteykix
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yosemite trails?

I am planning a camping trip up to yosemite and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good trails nearby. I have a 01 stock sahara so i dont want anything to rough. Help me out!

peteykix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
RockWoRM
Don't Fear the Jeeper

1992 YJ Wrangler 

If you're planning on coming up the S. entrance via SR41, then there are lots of forest service roads you can explore. Nothing really 4x4, but they are all dirt and some are somewhat scenic. I know of nothing in the park itself... purdy much everything paved. If you have the time and are interested, shoot me a PM and I can explain where they are. Of course IMO you should get/have/or download a forest service map so you can find your way around.

WRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #3
fishinjeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Might want to want explorer the Cherry Lake area, not too far...Great fishing and beautiful!
Unread 07-28-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
peteykix
2001 TJ Wrangler 

hey guys thanks for the reply. ya if you know of some fun trails up towards that direction i would appreciate it for sure. i know you cant do this in yosemite but do you know of some places to drive trails and camp right off the trails and fish in some rivers/streams too?? that would be ideal for what im looking for.
peteykix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #5
GRN98TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If you are entering the park from the south on 41, make a right just before the big hotel in Fish Camp(just outside the park). Bunch of lakes and streams and mild offroading. Get a National Forest map at the Ranger station. I think there is one in Oakhurst. Cherry lake area in the north is great area too.
98 TJ 4 cyl 3" FT 33x12.50 Pro Comp's 4:88's ARB's F&R
GRN98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.