Would like to give away roof rack, but can't post classified - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Would like to give away roof rack, but can't post classified

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
BuddyBoy
1993 ZJ 

Would like to give away roof rack, but can't post classified

Hello,

I am a former ZJ owner, having owned a Grand Cherokee Limited from 1993 to 2003. I joined this forum hoping to post a classified to give away my old Yakima SST roof rack system for free, but I can't since I don't, and probably never will have 25 posts unless I rejoin the family of Jeep owners.

I understand why the restriction exists, but in this case, it's preventing me from finding a new home for a roof rack that would cost $300 or more to buy new, to someone that could really use it. The SST system was discontinued years ago, and since each vehicle requires specific fit clips, and they are no longer available (you can find a few on Ebay sometimes, and at an online used rack store), the rack is only useful to someone who owns a ZJ (or other vehicle that uses the same clips). Also, because the system was discontinued, fit clips do not exist for vehicles introduced after 1997 (the reason why it's of no use to me now).

FWIW, I was looking for local pickup in Santa Clara, CA. If my post is allowed to stay up in this forum, and you can pick up locally and are interested, you can contact me via PM.

BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Hey BB, I moved this thread here to the California section of the forum where it'll get the most visibility by those local to you.
Kudos for the effort to pass the roof rack on to someone who might appreciate and get some use from it.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Vote for the Jurassic July Cherokee Of The Month - TIE BREAKER!!!
chris87xj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
jetjr91
1995 ZJ 

Pm'd you
jetjr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If he doesn't want it I will take it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.