Who has run Cleghorn Ridge - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Who has run Cleghorn Ridge

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 10-07-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
1whitetj

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Who has run Cleghorn Ridge

Who has run Cleghorn Ridge and what did you think? Iam thinking of running it this weekend.

1whitetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
05SoCalRubi

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I go there several time a month.

http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Cleghorn_Ridge
2005 Silver Rubicon, Full Traction 3" lift, Rancho 9000 Shocks, JKS Quicker Discos, Vanco Brakes, Warn Rock Crawler front bumper, Hella 500 driving lights Cobra 29 LTD Classic CB, Hella E-Code headlights, Upgraded headlight wiring. sPOD/The Source. 55 watt backup lights. KC 100 watt windshield lights Viair OBA.
Riddler diff. covers F/R. Currie H/D Steering
05SoCalRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 09:36 PM   #3
TJ Clay
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Be aware the rangers kicked us off the bypass trails this saturday and told us we had to stay on the fire road or we could be cited. There is a write up on the myjeeeprocks website under trail reports. We think the ranger may have been misinformed but it stilled ruined our ride.
Unread 10-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #4
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Been there countless times, but only once in recent years. This time of year it should be very dry - other times of the year it can be very wet, muddy, snowy.

I use to live in Etiwanda before Rancho Cucamonga swallowed it up.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 09:16 AM   #5
5artist5
1972 CJ5 

That is a fun trail. I am concerned about that ranger story though...

72 CJ5 258-3spd d30-d20-d44
[QUOTE=Bsktbll109;6293409]Does your rearend guy do gears?[/QUOTE]
5artist5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #6
Axkick

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I was one of those that was stopped by the ranger. They were cool about it, but i dont think we were on a non trail. Al the roads are very clearly ROADS..not some off brush trail. Just remember that if they do stop you for anything keep a cool head..that is one thing that is important, becuz your attitude towards them could make the difference between a fine and not...It did seem to me that they had some issues earlier (I thought they made mention of others doing loops and running all over-wasn’t us!) so maybe they were just a lil pissed at the others and thought we might be them so stopped us to give us a warning...It doesn't matter either way, they have a job to do and we didn't go off the roads.
Axkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #7
cvd
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

It's a good trail that's less than an hour away. If you want something more challenging after you complete Cleghorn, drive to the other side of Lake Silverwood and check out 2N17X (but not by yourself).
cvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2008, 05:09 AM   #8
snellav
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Fun little trail. Nothing too difficult except for pucker hill which is very tough. I would not recommend doing pucker in any short wheel base vehicle. I almost learned that the hard way
Unread 10-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #9
MEinSoCal
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1whitetj View Post
Who has run Cleghorn Ridge and what did you think? Iam thinking of running it this weekend.
if you haven't run Cleghorn yet, consider going with the SoCal Jeep Meetup group on Saturday, NOV 1st:

http://www.meetup.com/The-So-Cal-Jee...endar/8886680/

by the way, i made it through most of Cleghorn in my stock WJ grand cherokee w/ just all-terrain tires.
Unread 10-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #10
f3arn0FJ
2008 JK Wrangler 

I love this trail! I've done it twice with-in the last 4 weeks. I also heard about the rangers up there but every ranger I asked said its all fairgame.....so i donno. maybe they just had a few a$$-holes working there for a bit.

On a side note, I've never heard of 2N17X. How do I get there and how hard is it?
f3arn0FJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #11
Axkick

2005 LJ Wrangler 

2n17x is at the end or beginning of Pilot rock which is 2n33.
If you take the 173 near silverwood lake its up there. You should have a guide to California backroads or join www.trails.com..its a good site...
I have never been on 2n17x but have went by it on pilot rock...it looks tuff...
Axkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2008, 10:30 PM   #12
cvd
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

2N17x it an interesting, farily tough trail. I did it when I was on 31's with one locker. It was about as tough as I wanted at that time. If you start from Lake Silverwood (as Axkick described), the trail starts a couple hundred yards up the Pilot Rock trail, with a split to the left. You immediately hit an obstical that is a good test. If you're OK with that first climb, you will be OK with the rest of the trail. If not, just continue up Pilot Rock road.

Here's a map of the area - http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardin...d_bigpines.pdf
cvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #13
f3arn0FJ
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ok now I gotta try this trail!! Might be a little harder for me (being I'm on 31's with no locker:P)
Unread 10-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #14
f3arn0FJ
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEinSoCal View Post
if you haven't run Cleghorn yet, consider going with the SoCal Jeep Meetup group on Saturday, NOV 1st:.

Would this be an open invite?
Unread 10-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #15
lyleorszulak807
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Dude, found it on trails.com. Looks sweet, only few miles once you exit cleghorn. So are we going November 1st? sounded like an invite to me. Eric- you got the trails.com login info? just search 2n17x it comes up as pilot rock road. Dude have to get the CA atlas, only 20$ at AAA....It has all the trails.

Damn I knew I shouldn't of let it go when I sold my YJ...

That was for f3arn0FJ. As for cleghorn: Me and f3arn0FJ went up there the other week, went down all the side routes. Pretty sweet, little fun up that squeeze when the side of your XJ is pretty much up against the side of hill.

He once thought that his suburban could go everywhere the jeep can, kept telling him no way. After cleghorn I think he agreed. lol
ROLLED & TOTALED! 89 XJ 4.0L Renix AW4 | Rustys Air intake kit Steering Box reinforcement bar Bomb proof Motor Mounts | RE HD Track Bar, drop down Bracket, support brace | Cobra 75sxt CB | 33x12.5x15 MTR's on Crager soft 8 | Teraflex and 5.5" RE HD springs | yada yada...[/CENTER]
lyleorszulak807 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.