Where to off road? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Where to off road?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 09-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
dirtjunkie23
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Where to off road?

Hey everyone, I live in Long Beach, ca and i am lookin for local places to off road that can be a day trip or a short weekend trip and I also need to be able to do it in a stock 98 wrangler. and also if anyone knows where the trail head is to Holy Jim OHV area thatd be great too

dirtjunkie23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
fishinjeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

there is an off road park near on 15 (or 10) on your way to barstow going to Cajon.
Unread 09-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
dirtjunkie23
1998 TJ Wrangler 

is that azusa canyon youre talking about? I've been to azusa canyon before, but I was hoping thered be some other places closer, or maybe you know how to get to holy jim off road trail in orange?
dirtjunkie23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2010, 09:37 AM   #4
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtjunkie23 View Post
is that azusa canyon youre talking about? I've been to azusa canyon before, but I was hoping thered be some other places closer, or maybe you know how to get to holy jim off road trail in orange?
Holy Jim is a dirt road leading up into the National Forest. It is regularly traversed by the residents up there in 2 wheel drive mini vans. Go to the Wildomar OHV instead.
Unread 09-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Come wheeling with us at the huge Offroad for Fun event I posted about at http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/...-16-a-1100419/

There will be several offroad runs lead by experienced offroaders that are entirely suitable for a completely stock Wrangler. Be sure to have your Jeep ready for the mandatory safety check all offroaders must pass first, most of which is just common sense stuff. Here are some of the basics but all of them can be dound on the website I gave the link to above... battery hold down (OE is fine), spare tire within 2" of the diameter of your tires, a working parking brake, first-aid kit, a fully charged fire extinguisher, a working jack, etc.

Front and rear tow hooks or recovery points are strongly suggested as is a snatch strap with sewn loops at the ends with no steel tow hooks.

We hope you can make it, it's a charitable 4x4 event that raises $$$ for our disabled American veterans who will be amply represented at the event.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

TJ
HOLIDAY THEMED GIVEAWAY!
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.