Wheeling spots Near Loma Linda? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Wheeling spots Near Loma Linda?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 12-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Wheeling spots Near Loma Linda?

I'm heading to the 29 Palms/Loma Linda area for a few days tomorrow. Any good wheeling spots nearby? Johnson Valley is too much for my Jeep at the moment.

Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Bump
Unread 12-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #3
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You can find some backcountry roads in Joshua Tree National Park, near 29 Palms. Check out the Park website for maps. Geology Tour Road is usually well groomed, not really wheeling, but a nice drive off the beaten path. Big Bear has plenty of forest service roads. Might be a little cold or rainy/snowy the next few days in the area though. I would expect the San Bernardino and San Jacinto Mountains to have snow, with snow also forecast for the next few days, so the trails might not be open or passable.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #4
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Snow down in So Cal? Well I'm fine with forestry roads I guess. Should make for some nice poser shots. Thanks for the info.
Unread 12-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, higher elevation areas do get snow here in the winter. You'll probably have much less snow in the desert areas though, maybe just some dusting in the higher elevations.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Found a couple nice spots, didnt take the Jeep to Geology tour Road though, next time!

Old City Creek Rd is a nice place, mainly for shooting but some nice trails out there. Tried to get to Keller Peak rd but it was blocked by snow. Valley of the Falls Dr was a bit out of the way for me but I'll check it out next time also.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.