*WHEELERS CHOICE* Miller Jeep Trail~ Yellow Jacket~ and Surrounding ** JULY 13th-15th - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > *WHEELERS CHOICE* Miller Jeep Trail~ Yellow Jacket~ and Surrounding ** JULY 13th-15th

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

*WHEELERS CHOICE* Miller Jeep Trail~ Yellow Jacket~ and Surrounding ** JULY 13th-15th

Conducted a Poll and Miller won for this weekend.

Calling all "Just Happy To Be In Their Jeep Wheelers"!!

I’m arriving Friday July 13th at approximately 4pm and will stay through Sunday late afternoon.

Camp Location: Hungry Valley ** Circle Canyon. If you don’t know where the campground is within the park, here’s a link to the park with a map and info. http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1200

Meeting place: If you’re camping with me Friday night in Circle Canyon, look for my yellow happy face flag and My Jeep Rocks windshield banner on my white TJ.

If you’re not camping Friday night, 1030am Saturday morning at the Flying J. Addy: 42810 Frazier Mountain Rd, Lebec, CA

Fees: Military is free.
Day pass for HV is $5; $10 for overnight.

We’ll run Yellow jacket and Miller. When we come back down the mountain, it drops us back into Hungry Valley.

Thought Sunday could be a chill day of pretty trails off Cuddy Road if anyone wanted to see them.

Miller is rated Black Diamond, but I've seen stock rigs go through no problem. There are a few rocky areas, steep climbs and tight turns. There's also a bit of flat trail riding. Yellow Jacket is a bit greener with a creek at the end of it.

If you’re camping, please bring wood; as camping just isn’t the same without a campfire.

Who’s feels like wheelin’? Let me know when you're coming!
1. I H8RDS- Lorie * Friday- Sun 4pm
2. MPOBERG *Saturday
3. kyle3792 *Saturday
4. rkwfxd-Rich* Friday-Sun
5. ZombieClownz *Saturday
6. Solvag100 and the Mrs *Saturday
7. Randog *Fri-Sun
8. Tom (SuperCJ) *Friday-Sunday
9. Saharasean *Saturday
10. BeantownR6*Fri-Sun
11. 2000Yankees-Matthew and wife *Fri-sun
12. Suicideking-Rick*Saturday
13. White Ghost-Dave and Sandy *Friday -Sunday
14. crittert- Aaron *Friday-Sunday
15. cashcow1608 *Saturday
16. Tom (SuperCJ) friend #1*Friday-Sunday
17. Tom (SuperCJ) friend #2*Friday-Sunday
18. Brett*Fri-Sun
19. Jonah*Fri-Sun

Lorie

miller-tongue.jpg  
Unread 06-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So, I'm genuinely curious...what is up with this forum? I do not mean this in any sort of negative way. Really, honestly, I'm really curious..is it that nobody lives remotely close to Ventura, LA and surrounding? Do you just not take your Jeeps out that often? Are you more of a fire road type group here? Is it b/c you don't personally know me? Is it b/c you think I'm crazy? Did my video scare you and you think that's all I do? Is it b/c I'm a girl? I mean...what the heck is it? I am not meaning to offend, just curious.

Just so you know..I wheel with anyone. I happen to be going to an event in BB next month and have not personally met any of them yet...but I feel like we're related b/c we all have one thing in common..we freakin' LOVE wheeling..and camping...so I'm going.

Ok, well..anyways..I'll keep posting up..maybe one of ya'll will hop on..make some new friends and have a good time. I tend to be on the friendly personable side and have a blast every time..if I didn't know you when you pulled up to one of my runs, you'll be like a brother or sister by the end of it...just saying!

Happy 4th everyone!

Lorie
Unread 06-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
The2000Yankees
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8RDS View Post
So, I'm genuinely curious...what is up with this forum? I do not mean this in any sort of negative way. Really, honestly, I'm really curious..is it that nobody lives remotely close to Ventura? ... we all have one thing in common..we freakin' LOVE wheeling..and camping...so I'm going.

Ok, well..anyways..I'll keep posting up..maybe one of ya'll will hop on..make some new friends and have a good time... you'll be like a brother or sister by the end of it...just saying!

Happy 4th everyone!

Lorie
Hey sis, you said it. My sentiments exactly. I'm from Ventura County. Santa Paula to be exact. Been trying to find fellow Jeepers in Ventura County and perhaps get a forum of our own going or join one. But I found no forum that caters to VC or the 805. You are the first one I found.

Lo and behold, a girl that has more passion for off-roading than most of the my fellow men in this county. I know a couple of guys in Santa Paula that own Jeeps but never interested in going to a trail. I have been itching to take my JK out to a trail that is not too far from here but I am new at this. I've been a Jeep (I mean Wrangler) fan all my life but I got my fist Jeep two years ago. Been to Pismo a few times but never got to go to a real trail as none of my local friends are interested in testing out their Jeeps.

Happy Independence Day to you also.

Sincerely
Matthew
The2000Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
The2000Yankees
2008 JK Wrangler 

I am considering camping on Friday night. Just need the wife's approval. Saturday morning meet for sure.
Unread 06-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
The2000Yankees
2008 JK Wrangler 

It's final. the wife and I will be there Friday afternoon. YAY!!!
Unread 06-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #6
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

There are lots of people who wheel on here. You may want to post this in threads for local areas instead of a general thread in the CA section. Example the roll call threads for Los Angeles, OC, Norcal, San Diego. The norcal group has their own forum not associated with this one. Have a great trip! Our club will be doing our adopt-a-trail that weekend for Barrett Lake. The Norcl group is going the Rubicon that weekend.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2000Yankees View Post
It's final. the wife and I will be there Friday afternoon. YAY!!!

That rocks!! And ya, there is no real active 805 club. Glad you found me..I'm kind of hard to miss I'm also on Wrangler forum. Awesome Fun site with great people who wheel often...and you found me on MJR already. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post
There are lots of people who wheel on here. You may want to post this in threads for local areas instead of a general thread in the CA section. Example the roll call threads for Los Angeles, OC, Norcal, San Diego. The norcal group has their own forum not associated with this one. Have a great trip! Our club will be doing our adopt-a-trail that weekend for Barrett Lake. The Norcl group is going the Rubicon that weekend.

I did try that route on the Local thread...crickets...

It's ok..I'll keep posting in case anyone ever wants to go!
Unread 07-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
Tamatacan
2013 JK Wrangler 

Gonna try to make it on the 14th. Have to get my steering box rebuilt before then though. A bit to much play and yep I already adjusted it. But I just did it last month with my stock 2.5.
Tamatacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #9
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hope it works out for you! Let me know, and I'll add ya to my list.
Unread 07-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
The2000Yankees
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8RDS View Post
That rocks!! And ya, there is no real active 805 club. Glad you found me..I'm kind of hard to miss I'm also on Wrangler forum. Awesome Fun site with great people who wheel often...and you found me on MJR already. Looking forward to meeting you guys!
Awesome! I am on Wrangler Forum/Wrangler Board too. Ya, I joined a few of these forums. I am very excited about this, as it will be my first real trail experience. Been to a few pseudo trails but nothing real yet. I'll have my full size US flag flying on my Jeep as I have it on today.

Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Americans and MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!!
Unread 07-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #11
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I just stay excited...I live, eat and breathe Jeep.
Unread 07-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #12
RadarRob2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8RDS
I just stay excited...I live, eat and breathe Jeep.
I would have never guessed. Lol.
RadarRob2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #13
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

For anyone contemplating this run, I'll be capping it after 1 or 2 more hop on. Also, with so many people going, Yellow Jacket will be a challenge. I can maybe finagle 15 rigs back there but not 20+. We'll probably need a few of you guys to hop in someone else's rig so we can all fit...or really, the only other option is to have you wheel most of it, but park it off to the side and walk a little ways to the end. We'll get it figured out before we hit the trail Saturday. I have an open passenger seat; as will many others..

4 days and a wake up!
Unread 07-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #14
bigtsw87yj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

hey lorie i'm out to many things going on right now with my buddy harley to think about wheeling catch you on the next one be safe and remember rubber side down
Unread 07-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #15
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Roger that!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.