What's the most active 4 wheel drive club in NorCal? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > What's the most active 4 wheel drive club in NorCal?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 02-27-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

What's the most active 4 wheel drive club in NorCal?

Most active/Biggest??

Jeeper69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
Nightstr
1969 CJ5 

I don't know but I wouldn't mind doing some wheeling trips.
Nightstr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
greg_kulosa

2005 LJ Wrangler 

What kind of wheeling are you looking for? I doubt we're the most active, but we do have some kind of run every month. Check out:

http://www.diablo4wheelers.com/

We meet the 1st Tuesday of each month at Fuddruckers in Concord. More details on the website, or you are welcome to ask me more questions.
greg_kulosa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #4
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_kulosa View Post
What kind of wheeling are you looking for? I doubt we're the most active, but we do have some kind of run every month. Check out:

http://www.diablo4wheelers.com/

We meet the 2nd Tuesday of each month at Fuddruckers in Concord. More details on the website, or you are welcome to ask me more questions.
I'm looking to do wheeling that doesn't require a locked diff(Don't have one yet and I have pretty high gearing). My Jeeps crawl speed seems pretty fast to me in first gear, I don't know if going from 3.73 or 4.10 to 4.88 would make a significant difference but I'm also a beginner. I've never broken something on my Jeep( except for dents, scratches) yet and would not have the mechanical skills to fix a broken axle or something of that nature on the trail. I feel like I have to ride my break to slow down the high geared crawl speed and it bogs down the engine, or when I'm hill climbing my engine has a rough time but I'm not sure if it's actually my tranny's condition and my beginner driving that is the problem. I was actually looking into the Diablo Four Wheelers Club on their website, but I thought they might not be very active because the latest pictures and forum posts are from 2008 or so.
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #5
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Non tech, moved.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

TJ
HOLIDAY THEMED GIVEAWAY!
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #6
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
Non tech, moved.
Fair enough. I just posted it in the other section because it seems it'd get more views and or replies.
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
greg_kulosa

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I can see why the club might seem dead based on that. I need to take that off the site.

The club is very active, just not online. Someone tried to start the forum, but they just couldn't get the members interested in playing with it online. That was before I joined the club.

We go on all sorts of trips, most of them a fairly stock vehicle does just fine. We do a few each year that require the rigs to be built up (Rubicon, Fordyce, hopefully Dusy Ershim this year).

My Jeep was totally stock the first year, and we did a lot of stuff with the club. We have a fair amount of mechanical knowledge in our membership, and we never leave anyone behind. We always stick together as a group for safety.

You are welcome to attend our meetings or most runs a a guest. Our next meeting is in one week - the 1st Tuesday of the month at Fuddruckers in Concord.
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
greg_kulosa

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Excuse my brain lapse above. Our meetings are definitely the 1st Tuesday, not the 2nd.
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #9
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

^ What time do you guys meet? and didnt you all used to meet in Martinez before? Anyways I'm less than a mile from your current meeting place. Also swing by the shop sometime we can meet that way too, we are off concord ave near chillis.
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #10
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_kulosa View Post
Excuse my brain lapse above. Our meetings are definitely the 1st Tuesday, not the 2nd.
K sweet. I'll definitely try to go to that meeting. So do I just show up and look for a big group of people? O and what time?
Unread 02-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #11
greg_kulosa

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yes, we used to meet in Martinez at Round Table Pizza. That location got too small for us.

The Meeting starts at 7pm in the upstairs room at Fuddruckers. Most folks arrive around 6:30pm, and order their food, then bring it upstairs. Just grab a seat at a table and introduce yourself. The vice president, Tifton, will probably come around and get your names and type of rig so he can introduce you during the meeting.

We often invite the new folks to stay around after the meeting to ask any questions that they have.

You can ask for me - Greg - and sit together if you want.

Check out the calendar on the website for upcoming events. We have a snow run in March, and it looks like there might actually be snow!
Unread 02-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #12
Nightstr
1969 CJ5 

I wish I wasn't working... Maybe next meet I'll try and make it.
Nightstr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #13
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper69
Most active/Biggest??
Also check my sig and introduce yourself, not an official CA4WDC but we like to hang out together on weekends and plan runs there. Joining an established club should be fun too.
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #14
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Check out norcaljeepers.co as well (yes .co not .com) Bunch of us from the bay area all the way to reno. We try and get a lot of runs in during the summer. Since we are spread out over all of Nor Cal, we have a lot of people that go on runs. Its free, so stop and by and introduce yourself in the intro thread.

-Connor
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #15
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Dang I missed the group meeting. Hey Camilo98, so you work as a mechanic? Can you do a ring and pinion swap and put in a Detroit in the rear? How much should that cost parts and labor?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.