Visiting Los Angeles - where to go? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Visiting Los Angeles - where to go?

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair

Unread 01-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
pfred
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Tj Visiting Los Angeles - where to go?

I am visiting Los Angeles for a few days and looking to trail rate my rental Jeep. Any ideas on where to go for a few hours? I see there is an ORV near Gorman, but that is about 1.5 hours away. Does anyone know of somewhere a bit closer? I wish I had my TJ with me....

pfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2008, 11:51 PM   #2
goatboy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

There's Azusa Canyon and the areas in the San Gabriel Mountains...there's been some articles in the 4WD mags lately on this area, or Google for info... never been there myself, but I know there's a lotta wheelin' happens over there... You are thinkin' about Hungry Valley ORV near Gorman, there's also the Miller Trail in the Lockwood Valley area.
goatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
TJ-Tera
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Don't know if you are still in town, but if your rental has 4wd, then you have to hit up the Azusa riverbed...great spot.

Moab: Rose Garden Hill, Hell's Revenge, Top O' The World...I love my Jeep! :)

1994 Cherokee 'Greenone' - R.I.P.
1998 Cherokee 'Peri' - Sold
1998 Wrangler 'Tera' - Work in progress
TJ-Tera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #4
djfred
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I agree with both of them i myself have not been there but seen pics of my friends Ride and that area is huge a lot of area to play around with

the level of expertise start from intermediate to advanced so i have been told

Here are some pics of the place

Source of the pics
http://www.godunes.com/maps/azusacanyon.htm

Last edited by djfred; 02-02-2008 at 11:38 AM..
djfred is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.