Is USAL road currently closed? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Is USAL road currently closed?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 08-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
EarpWJ
1999 WJ 

Is USAL road currently closed?

I am wanting to go north to south on usal road, but heard rumors that it is closed. Is this true?

EarpWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

No it's not. Just got home from there today.
Unread 08-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #3
EarpWJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene13 View Post
No it's not. Just got home from there today.
So the WHOLE road was open? Did you drive one way end to end, or turn back at the usal beach?

I drove all the way from ferndale, and tried to meet up with usal road. I stopped for gas in honeydew, they were unsure if it was open. Further down the road I asked a few people if I was on the right road and two different groups of people said it was closed. So we abandoned at thorn junction and am now in a hotel in garberville! UGH!

They said it was not open the whole way, just partially open to usal beach from the south only, and from the north you can only get just a little way before it was gated.

How were the conditions?

I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
Unread 08-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

From shelter cove all the way to hwy 1 is open. We went north so at Shelter cove rd we went back to 101 . So yes that part is open. North of that I have no clue. Hope that helps you out.
It was clear all the way.
Gene13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #5
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

So did you have fun on the trail?
Unread 08-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #6
EarpWJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene13 View Post
So did you have fun on the trail?
Great fun and beautiful, it was open all the way

Sadly I got stuck in the sand on usal beach, bad time to find out my 4WD is not working. Fortunately the nicest couple was right there with a winch.

Thanks!
Unread 09-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
lostcoasttow

Its a fun road up there, wish i had knobbier tires on my tow truck for it tho...
lostcoasttow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.