Ugh...new guy in need of a soft top for YJ in So Cal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Ugh...new guy in need of a soft top for YJ in So Cal

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
MrElectric03
1984 XJ Cherokee 

Ugh...new guy in need of a soft top for YJ in So Cal

Hello everyone,

I just got my first Jeep last weekend and got the few issues fixed so its up and running now...but the soft top is torn ALL the way accross the front along the windsheild. Its starting to rain down here and id like to get a top on as soon as I can as I dont have any place to park it where its covered.

If anyone has a soft top they would like to sell or knows somebody please let me know. My Jeep is a 1994. Ive looked on ebay and see the cheap ones for $250 but am nervous to buy one of those not knowing the quality or weather or not it will fit for sure. Also is it possible to have these repaired????

Thanks everyone!

Ryan

MrElectric03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I had a zipper replaced and a rip fixed at a place that does boat canvas tops. Not very expensive either. If your canvas is starting the deteriorate and is pulling apart it might not be worth fixing though.

As a temporary measure you can get a bikini top for about $50 so at least the seats will be covered. Meanwhile check craigslist or post in here that you are looking.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f262/...stuff-1099958/

OR, send a pm to JEEBS. He bought a top from some 4x4 store in Ramona a while ago for not much money.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #3
MrElectric03
1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I had a zipper replaced and a rip fixed at a place that does boat canvas tops. Not very expensive either. If your canvas is starting the deteriorate and is pulling apart it might not be worth fixing though.

As a temporary measure you can get a bikini top for about $50 so at least the seats will be covered. Meanwhile check craigslist or post in here that you are looking.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f262/...stuff-1099958/

OR, send a pm to JEEBS. He bought a top from some 4x4 store in Ramona a while ago for not much money.
Thanks alot. The top is in decent shape but I do think its too old to repair...its funny you say that, my friend that I bought the Jeep from has a few different tops for it but cant find them

Ive got a wanted add posted on craigslist but because I havent been on here 30 days yet I cant post a wanted add.
MrElectric03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.