Trying to Hide Mottino Wash??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Trying to Hide Mottino Wash???

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
8282feet

Trying to Hide Mottino Wash???

Mottino Wash near Big Bear Lake. Looks like there's a reluctance to share info about it. I have a simple question - is it a spur trail (in and then back out the same way) or a through trail?

Another simple question which probably won't be answered - where is it? I think I know where it is, so I'll just settle for an answer to the first question if necessary, but if it's the great trail it's supposed to be, it seems like fellow 4-wheelers would be willing to share. If not, why not (a third simple question)?

KilbyGasSkid, Spidertrax 1.25Spacers
WarnF&RDiffSkids,7"Flares,XD9000i,GrillGrd
SkidRow Eng & FLCA Skids, MoparSteerSkid
8282feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
XJohnnyC

There is still an ongoing debate on whether Mottino Wash is a legal trail. Some people say it is part of the land preserve. Others say that the trail goes just south of the preserve.

I've run the trail and there are absolutely no signs indicating that it is illegal. The trail is just east of Rattlesnake Canyon and north of 3N03. The only damage I have on my MJ is courtesy of Mottino Wash.

Oh, and it is a through trail but we did it as an out-and-back as some people in our group were having difficulty.
XJohnnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
8282feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJohnnyC View Post
There is still an ongoing debate on whether Mottino Wash is a legal trail. Some people say it is part of the land preserve. Others say that the trail goes just south of the preserve.

I've run the trail and there are absolutely no signs indicating that it is illegal. The trail is just east of Rattlesnake Canyon and north of 3N03. The only damage I have on my MJ is courtesy of Mottino Wash.

Oh, and it is a through trail but we did it as an out-and-back as some people in our group were having difficulty.
Thanks - I appreciate your reply and info. When I googled it I got all kinds of mis-information, such as "the trailhead is 12 miles south of BBL just off of 38," "let's keep it a secret to avoid it becoming like John Bull," etc. Again, I appreciate your info, and the trailhead is apparently where I thought it is as someone had slipped up and given the coordinates!
KilbyGasSkid, Spidertrax 1.25Spacers
WarnF&RDiffSkids,7"Flares,XD9000i,GrillGrd
SkidRow Eng & FLCA Skids, MoparSteerSkid
8282feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 08:07 AM   #4
XJohnnyC

Sorry, I would've given you the coordinates, but I somehow lost them off my GPS. But it's not hard to find. It's like the only trail off of Rattlesnake Canyon that shoots off to the east. It's not a hidden trailhead, it is very obvious.
XJohnnyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.