Tour De Big Bear Memorial Day wkend - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Tour De Big Bear Memorial Day wkend

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #1
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Tour De Big Bear: May 24-26th

This will be Zombified Offroad Crawlers (ZOC) first official run. All are welcome.

We will be departing Saturday the 24th near the I-15 and Cleghorn exit. The first night stay will be Hanna flats. The second night will be Serrano. Camp sites are going fast.... This will be are pre-run for the Rubicon later in July

FYI... Hanna flats is a dry site, bring your own water. Camp Serrano has water and showers.

The meeting location: 0800 Sat 24th
The Mc D's is at: 3230 Wagon Train Road Phelan, CA 92371 It's right off the 15 at the 138. There is a gas station there as well.

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...nia+92371&z=16

trail head GPS: N 34 18.314W 117 18.586

The google map (awesome by the way) looked like it was right by the trail/dirt roads.
We are starting with Pilot Rock 2n17x, not Cleghorn.

Trails:
Pilot Rock 2n17x
Dishpan 3n34
Holcomb 3n93
John Bull 3n10/3n02
Gold mtn 3n69

Night run:
Gold mtn Sunday night?

Trail requirements:
33s, 2-2.5" lift, at least 1 locker
Cb, f/r tow points, strap (for hotshot)

Food/drink:
Breakfast will be prior to departure or eat on the go. Pack what you can, will be on the trail over 2.5 days. That means toilet paper too (hotshot)
Monday afternoon on are way through town there is a tentative plan to eat lunch at the Hacienda.

Going: (camping both nights)
@zombiehunta666 (tent)
SkylarM (no tent - ranger roll)
Brute4ce (cabin?)
Dumpsterfish (cabin)

Going: (day run only)
Suicideking -Sunday

Maybe:
SloMo
Mizooch70

For more information on the club go to:
FB - Zombified Offroad Crawlers (ZOC)
FB - Zombified Offroad

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 12:51 PM   #2
SkylarM
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looking forward to it. We're starting off on Cleghorn?
SkylarM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 01:25 PM   #3
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarM
Looking forward to it. We're starting off on Cleghorn?
Not really. It's the exit just north of the Cleghorn exit. There's a Mcdonalds and gas station there. That can be the rally point for the meeting. There is a road right there that we can take for about 2-4 miles then will get on some dirt. From there will air down and take Pilot Rock 2N17X trail right into Lake Arrowhead area. Will be a few miles on forest roads 3-6 (I think?) and will lead right into Dishpan. That will dump us a few miles from the wicked easy (lmao) GK on the west end of Holcomb trail. From there will be dropped right in front of Hanna flats where camp site 1 will be.
Unread 03-24-2014, 01:29 PM   #4
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

What time you wanna start 0700 or 0800? It's about 90 min for me to get at that exit. Maybe longer for you so you can pick.
Unread 03-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #5
SkylarM
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

That's cool. That's where we usually meet up for breakfast before a Cleghorn run anyways. I'm an early riser so it doesn't matter to me, but it'll be easier for me to find a passenger if we start at 0800. About 90 mins for me too.
Unread 03-24-2014, 01:51 PM   #6
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
That's cool. That's where we usually meet up for breakfast before a Cleghorn run anyways. I'm an early riser so it doesn't matter to me, but it'll be easier for me to find a passenger if we start at 0800. About 90 mins for me too.
Ok. Last time I started here it was at 0930 (departed 0950) and we finished dishpan around 1400-1500 (I think). We were a slow group too.

I don't think will see traffic until we get to Holcomb. 1400 is check in. I'd rather not set up in the dark but it is what it is.
Unread 03-25-2014, 12:07 AM   #7
Brut4ce

2010 JK Wrangler 

Can't wait......will be a good time....of we have time we can do motino wash there's some nice extra credit lines and a general good time....

AND BE SURE TO VOTE ON JKOTM..... there's some good choices....

BUILT FOR THE ROCKS BUILD CLICK HERE
Brut4ce is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2014, 12:17 AM   #8
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut4ce
Can't wait......will be a good time....of we have time we can do motino wash there's some nice extra credit lines and a general good time.... AND BE SURE TO VOTE ON JKOTM..... there's some good choices....
Never done that trial..... Sounds cool!

Depending on how Monday goes my thought was to do gold mtn early and be done by 11-12 and storm the town for steak fajitas and a margarita. We could slide over to Mottino instead. That would really complete ALL of what Big Bear (& surrounding area) has to offer. Will see what the group thinks...
Unread 03-25-2014, 08:12 AM   #9
Brut4ce

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666 View Post
Never done that trial..... Sounds cool!

Depending on how Monday goes my thought was to do gold mtn early and be done by 11-12 and storm the town for steak fajitas and a margarita. We could slide over to Mottino instead. That would really complete ALL of what Big Bear (& surrounding area) has to offer. Will see what the group thinks...
That works...I'd have no issues with a done by noon time on Sunday...
I'm OK with johnbull and Holcomb....
We can do a night run on john bull or Holcomb....maybe do the hill climbs at whites pass....

BUILT FOR THE ROCKS BUILD CLICK HERE
Brut4ce is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2014, 08:38 AM   #10
SkylarM
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'll probably pack up and head out Monday morning, though I don't think I've ever been through Mottino
Unread 03-25-2014, 10:42 AM   #11
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I'll probably pack up and head out Monday morning, though I don't think I've ever been through Mottino
Still do gold mtn early Monday morning or skip that one? If you skip it then for sure it'd have to be the Sunday night run. I was thinking depending on the level of tiredness and butt soreness. Down gold at night then up during the day.

Or heck, down gold at night then maybe just mottino Monday morning???
Unread 03-25-2014, 01:28 PM   #12
SkylarM
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm always down for long days with a night run on the end of it haha. I just need one day to get ready for the workweek again.
Unread 03-25-2014, 01:40 PM   #13
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm always down for long days with a night run on the end of it haha. I just need one day to get ready for the workweek again.
What's your schedule? What days are you off? We can adjust, nobody on WF has even acknowledged the thread and On here it's just us and brute4ce ...I'd like to hit the main 5 trails listed on the front page.

I do like however us not doing gold Monday but in fact Sunday night Then Monday morning we can get breakfast in town and shoot over to mottino?!?!?!?!?

What say you Mr. I don't like the new logo?!
Unread 03-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #14
SkylarM
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666 View Post
What's your schedule? What days are you off? We can adjust, nobody on WF has even acknowledged the thread and On here it's just us and brute4ce ...I'd like to hit the main 5 trails listed on the front page.

I do like however us not doing gold Monday but in fact Sunday night Then Monday morning we can get breakfast in town and shoot over to mottino?!?!?!?!?

What say you Mr. I don't like the new logo?!
I'm off Sat-Mon. I'd like to be rolling towards LA by about 10am on Monday morning to be home by about noon. Otherwise, I'm down for all trails Saturday morning onwards.

It's not that I dislike the logo, I personally just prefer a more minimalist approach to logos and decals, that and I don't really want pictures of women all over my Jeep haha.
Unread 03-25-2014, 02:53 PM   #15
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm off Sat-Mon. I'd like to be rolling towards LA by about 10am on Monday morning to be home by about noon. Otherwise, I'm down for all trails Saturday morning onwards. It's not that I dislike the logo, I personally just prefer a more minimalist approach to logos and decals, that and I don't really want pictures of women all over my Jeep haha.
I'd say if we get up Monday morning and breakdown camp will see what time it is. If it's 0900/1000 then maybe will get breakfast and roll out, if it's 0700/0800 maybe will roll out and hit gold or mottino. Also depends if we do gold at night...

I may just swap out the girl for the original skull/mask just for the club. A few guys mentioned that.... As far as the girl goes.

Even had one guy bale on the photo shoot because bikini models will be there. Lmao. Now I'm down one TJ.

But I'm gonna put them on magnets for the doors etc... I'll do patches for mine since I have tube doors.

The window sticker will just be the words

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.