Tierra Del Sol - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Tierra Del Sol

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 02-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
Xjman1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Tierra Del Sol

Who's going?
I am already registered and counting down the days. Looking forward to the raffle as my Jeep is almost completely stock there should be something in their $140k raffle that can help me.
We are camping away from the event and running our own trails through as the official lines can be quite long but fun.

Xjman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I will be, check the San Diego thread as there has been a fair bit of discussion on this as there is every year. I too am counting the days. we will be camping over on North Marina drive by the original vendors area as its right by the notches and about a 10 minute overland trek to the current registration/vendors area. I am hosting an adult only camp (no kids) and hauling out 4 kegs of Homebrew as always. I cant wait!!
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
rklaahsen
1980 CJ5 

I'll be out there as well. Probably going to drive out early Saturday morning from SD if anyone wants to caravan. I'm sure I'll see plenty of folks out on the road.

BUDD Club San Diego (http:\\www.buddclub.com)
rklaahsen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
ErikJordan
Pimp Hand

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'll be there-

What is all of this talk of Savvily designed products?
ErikJordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2011, 12:01 AM   #5
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

We will be camped roughly in this are on North Marina drive by the old vendors row area and the main notches. Anyone who wants to camp in a kid free environent is more than welcome to come and camp with us.

just look for this sign:

and depending on the cost, I may or may not be roasting a whole pig this year on Friday night
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
Unread 02-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #6
ErikJordan
Pimp Hand

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hey now! I might just have to swing by your camp to see how the pig is doing
How have you been anyway? It has been a while....

What is all of this talk of Savvily designed products?
ErikJordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I've been good Erik. how bout you? I got hitched, working at the World Famous Corvette Diner running the arcade there now. Hoping to have a price on a pig today. my Kitchen Manager is checking into it for me. If nothing else I will definitely have 4 kegs of home brewed beer on tap
Unread 02-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
TravisDTD
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I'm headed out there this weekend for the first time. It looks like a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to it. Any pointers for a first timer?

My Build: Bigger and Bolder LJ
TravisDTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #9
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisDTD View Post
I'm headed out there this weekend for the first time. It looks like a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to it. Any pointers for a first timer?
are you going to Truckhaven or are you going for TDS?

Truckhaven itself is a hoot, great notches to crawl and the nice thing is its a lot of sand so its pretty forgiving if you get a bit too crazy.

Its the desert and temps fluctuate ALOT!! so go prepared, bring warm clothes for sure as it gets pretty dang cold at night out there, also be prepared for random wind storms as those crop up pretty often.

If you are going for TDS and not bringin kids, you are welcome to come and camp with us. Most of us have been to multiple TDS Safaris and know all the good stuff, best spots to go wheel in Truckhaven, when and where the main attraction at the Notches goes down, etc
Unread 03-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
TravisDTD
2004 LJ Wrangler 

^Thanks for the pointers. I am headed to TDS and staying with a vendor I know through work. I'll have to look into the notches. I've seen some video on youtube. It looks pretty cool. Thanks for the tips and thanks for the invite. My first kid is in the oven right now and mom will be staying home this weekend. I may have to find you and beg for a home brew sample. I bottled my second home brew about two weeks ago so maybe you could give me some pointers about keging. I'd like to do that next.

Unread 03-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #11
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisDTD View Post
^Thanks for the pointers. I am headed to TDS and staying with a vendor I know through work. I'll have to look into the notches. I've seen some video on youtube. It looks pretty cool. Thanks for the tips and thanks for the invite. My first kid is in the oven right now and mom will be staying home this weekend. I may have to find you and beg for a home brew sample. I bottled my second home brew about two weeks ago so maybe you could give me some pointers about keging. I'd like to do that next.

LOL, be glad too. been brewing for a few years now. No begging necessary. Just pulled the kegs out of the kegerator to load up. Taking 4 beers.
My Krawler Kolsch
Peachy Keen Peach Ale
Shiner Mock
and Highlanders Glory
Unread 03-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #12
TravisDTD
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
LOL, be glad too. been brewing for a few years now. No begging necessary. Just pulled the kegs out of the kegerator to load up. Taking 4 beers.
My Krawler Kolsch
Peachy Keen Peach Ale
Shiner Mock
and Highlanders Glory
See you there.

Unread 03-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #13
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'll be there. First time also going. I've been to truckhaven before though

Weather looks to be in the 80's and sunny. it'll be nice going from low 20's to 80's
Unread 03-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #14
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

ill be leaving here shortly

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #15
Xjman1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Great trip and looking forward to next year. Weather was perfect and I left amazed at what a stock TJ is capable of. Just took off the sway bar, the hard way, and off we went, open diffs and all. Hit the side step on my Sahara on two occasions and no damage other than the skid plates got a work out.
Only downfall on the Jeep was on the way home the Jeep Check Engine Light came on then started flashing. Most power was lost and could barely hit 60 mph if I got up to speed slowly. Code check turned out a code P0301 and this could have been mainy things. Being Sunday parts stores were already closed and thus I gambled and drove her home. She did it well even with a HORRENDOUS head wind through Palm Springs. Got her into my buddies shop today and found the coil pack was shot. Replaced it and she is purring like a kitty now.
Can not wait until next year and no I did not when any raffle items.
If any one from Tierra Del Sol 4x4 Club is reading this, great job and Thank You for all you do to keep our lands open!!
Xjman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.