For those that have done the Dusy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > For those that have done the Dusy

Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperAll Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Iron Rock Offroad products - get them from Kolak!

Unread 04-29-2015, 11:02 PM   #1
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

For those that have done the Dusy

I want to do the Dusy but only have a weekend, is it possibly to do the entire trail should I only do a portion of the trail. I don't want to rush it and risk a breakdown so I have no problem doing a portion. I could arrive mid day on Friday but would need to be back in the Bay Area by Sunday evening, is this possible ?

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2015, 03:06 PM   #2
mountainguyed67

Possible, but not advisable. Unless you like hauling *** through trails, might be your thing, dunno. Will you have other rigs with you? It's not advisable to go by yourself, especially if you're new to the trail. It's a WHOLE lot of tail. I've rode with people on a pace that would put us through the trail in two days, it's pretty hard on the body getting tossed back and forth like that.

The most I've done in a day in my rig is 14 miles. The thing to do might be to go and see what happens. If you're not making the pace needed to get through, turn around. It's so much trail that it's common to make plans as you go.
mountainguyed67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2015, 07:58 PM   #3
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

If you have a capable built rig it can be done in 2 days if you move at a quick pace. Certainly not my thing.
That is NOT counting getting there. Extra gas is needed to do the whole trail.
On the other hand... you can do the north route and just go to Ershim and back. Or take the south route and just go to Thomson lake and back. The trail is 33 miles one way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2015, 02:47 PM   #4
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If you were to pick one north or south which would you choose ?

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2015, 09:39 AM   #5
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber1 View Post
Tough choice. Both are very challenging and both have different scenery and obstacle's. But I do believe north to Ershim can be done faster than the other way... so I'd choose that one. If fact, if I can get a couple of my Jeep buddy's to join, I may do that later in the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2015, 12:53 AM   #6
mountainguyed67

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber1 View Post
They're both worth doing. So the question is which one first, toss a coin. I've done it both directions, the difficulty isn't much different one way versus the other way. One thing to consider if you go during peak usage times is going against the flow you could have long waits for rigs to pass, more rigs start at Courtright.
mountainguyed67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.