JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/)
-   -   Is there a Socal "jeep beach" type of event? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/there-socal-jeep-beach-type-event-1666761/)

YJjeeper1 10-09-2013 12:18 PM

Is there a Socal "jeep beach" type of event?

So I'm relatively new to the jeep scene and when I heard of the jeep beach event I got excited for the possibility of a west coast version. Surprisingly I can't seem to find anything out here. So my question is does any event like this exist?

Headingout 10-09-2013 07:49 PM

I think that about the only place to drive on the beach in CA is at Pismo,

I'd be interested if someone put something together, could be fun...

JPetru82 11-03-2013 07:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headingout
I think that about the only place to drive on the beach in CA is at Pismo, I'd be interested if someone put something together, could be fun...

There are a few spots in NorCal where you can still drive on the beach.

Attachment 810322

Attachment 810330

DiscoBayJoe 11-03-2013 07:04 PM

I'd be into a Pismo trip.

kgb_m3 11-10-2013 06:08 PM

We are thinking about throwing a first annual Jeep meet, gathering at mission beach parking lot Sunday the 17th of nov.

More details under Jeeps Unclassified group on Facebook

NBMgreg 11-11-2013 12:03 PM

i'd be very into this.

MikeHoncho88 11-13-2013 08:55 PM

Pismo beach / pismo dunes ohv area are the only place to drive on the beach (legally) in socal. It is a great place to go. Camping is nice, you can fish, have a bonfire, surf, etc. wheeling is a bit generic. Basically you can drive on wet sand or dry sand, your choice. :-) if there was a large meet there for jeeps only i would be interested to know about it.

gtg413i 12-03-2013 12:03 AM

Im down also. We have plenty of time to plan for when warm weather hits. Id say you see about 30 jeeps at pismo on a crowded day, so could be much more if organized / promoted.

gtg413i 12-28-2013 03:42 PM

Im thinking june 14 or 21 at Pismo. We should be able to get a good 50 jeeps if people come from socal, nocal and central cal? What do you guys think? Hang out, grill, wheel and camp saturday, then have a parade sunday at 10 and call kt a weekend? Maybe get the local chrysler dealership to sponsor and bring shiny new jeeps.

NBMgreg 12-28-2013 06:59 PM

I'd be down.

Xjman1 01-01-2014 10:14 PM

Throw out a date, get some commitements and hit up local shops which may be interested in putting something on. BBQ? Vendor display? Games? Etc...

I can do Pismo, so will be watching this thread.

gtg413i 01-04-2014 12:26 AM

I have a plan to put this in place. With word of mouth alone... Forums, 4x4 clubs, and vendors I think we can get close to 100 jeeps. With more planning, we should be able to get many more. We will call it Jeep Beach West and so far June makes sense. In Florida it is in April, but that is too chilly here. I have reached out to the jeep club that stated this in Florida to ask for their help and guidance. Hope they will be open, but they are a family club, so I see no reason why they cannot offer some sort of help. Man, they had over 1500 jeeps this year! I bet we can top that on the west coast in a few years, but this isn't a east vs west. It's about Jeeps and sand. I would like to get a group together to help - promotions (i'd like this), logistics, events, local liason, legal?, sponsorship lead. For promotions, once we have a date, i plan on contacting all. Ca / nv clubs, make flyers to post or fax to stores and vendors, and figureout a website. Being in silicon valley, i can find some website help. For logistics, we need someone to provide a schedule and management of events for the weekend. For events, the person, would develop the events. For local liaison, we want someone near pismo who knows the area and people to work on deals with restaurants or hotels on rates /parking / community relations. Figured we could find a lawyer who jeeped to help with anything legal or vendor agreements, but may not be needed. For lead sponsor, i think we should get a vendor to help with some of the heavy load or upfront costs (website, registration packets, shirts, park fees, etc). I am not too big on pushing vendors for giveaways, but if there is a collection of jeepers, then vendors will want to join even if just to show their name and not bring anything to sell. With the large volume of jeep vendors in ca, we should be able to get a lot of their and customer involvement. I also plan to contact jp magazine. Maybe they can lead this event. Also need to contact pismo beach to see if there is anything needed like parade license, etc.

gtg413i 01-04-2014 12:37 AM

If anyone would like to help, let me know. We have about 6 months to plan!

Xjman1 01-05-2014 09:21 PM

Just got back from Pismo, what a beautiful weekend up there. Perfect weather.

Maybe the first year, build interest by just doing a get together. Then next year have it grow into an "event". If you make it an official event, parks will require insurance for event and that is a pain in the rear to get. One reason our club has put its annual event on hold.

Dumpsterfish 01-06-2014 04:16 PM

I'd go to this...

The time now is 04:57 PM.