is there any trails in big sur - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > is there any trails in big sur

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 12-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
mazjeep
2011 WK 

is there any trails in big sur

some one was teling me theres a dirt road that you need 4x4 to go up and it has great veiws

mazjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
GRN98TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd goes from the coast over to 101 . Before you get to Fort Hunter Liggett, there is a road that goes north and south. To the south the dirt road passes some great views and camping spots and I believe you end up down on Hwy 1 . You would need 4 wheel only if it is wet. You can get a Las Padre National Forest map from REI, which would show the roads. For 4x4 roads you need to go further south to San Luis Obispo
98 TJ 4 cyl 3" FT 33x12.50 Pro Comp's 4:88's ARB's F&R
GRN98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
silbotta
1930 XJ Cherokee 

x2 on ^
Unread 01-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #4
acompgeek
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I drove a lot of it last weekend. Not really a "trail", it's a well maintained dirt road, it had just rained and i did not need 4wd at all. The views however are fantastic and there are some amazing camp sites.

I'd be up for exploring more of it if you want.

Pic is from last weekend.
img_1932.jpg  
acompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #5
silbotta
1930 XJ Cherokee 

i was up there yesterday
Unread 01-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #6
SurfnSnow
2010 JK Wrangler 

yeah, that's a fun trail and it's one I do once a year because of the views. like it's been said, it's more of a dirt road and in the summer in can get super dusty. I did notice between 1/2 and 3/4 of the way, the trail splits and heads towards the east. I haven't checked it out since I usually alone when I do that run but I'd like to check it out one day.
SurfnSnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.