Thanksgiving 2013 - Cougar Buttes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Thanksgiving 2013 - Cougar Buttes

Old Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble Fairleads

Unread 11-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
SkylarM
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Black Friday/Saturday 2013 - CALICO

Hey all,
Thanksgiving is only a few days away and a couple of us on the Roll Call Los Angeles thread have been talking about camping out and wheeling for a few days. Figured it's about time to start a thread discussing the details. Anybody is welcome to join, the more the merrier!

CALICO! NOV 29-30

Who's going:
SkylarM
zombiehunta666
Hotshot
Thor

-Sky

SkylarM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Can't wait.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
Xjman1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be out there Friday through Sunday with Pt. Mugu 4X club. See you all on the trails.
Xjman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
SkylarM
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xjman1 View Post
I'll be out there Friday through Sunday with Pt. Mugu 4X club. See you all on the trails.
Sounds good! Ill keep an eye out for ya!
Unread 11-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm in for Saturday for sure!

I say we do Bullfrog and Cakewalk Saturday. It'll be a long day. If I can swing it I am looking at heading out Friday afternoon. Hello... Can you say night run! :awesome:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
SkylarM
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I was thinking since it's going to be a small group and my mom is along for the ride I'd chop down the time that I'd be spending camping to just 2 days. I was thinking Thursday, Friday... But if you're in for Saturday, maybe I'll skip thanksgiving at CB and just to Black Friday / Saturday instead. What do you think Gary, since you're the only other one camping in our group. Or can we get Chris out as well?
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarM
Well, I was thinking since it's going to be a small group and my mom is along for the ride I'd chop down the time that I'd be spending camping to just 2 days. I was thinking Thursday, Friday... But if you're in for Saturday, maybe I'll skip thanksgiving at CB and just to Black Friday / Saturday instead. What do you think Gary, since you're the only other one camping in our group. Or can we get Chris out as well?
Ya, I have to work Thursday night (late) and (early) Friday. Also late Sunday so Friday afternoon (1500 ish) to 1700 ish Saturday will be the time frame. I will let you know as soon as I can since your plans may alter.
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #8
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know, I kinda hate to drag all my crap out there for just one night. Let me think on it and I'll get back with you in a bit.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Unread 11-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #9
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
I don't know, I kinda hate to drag all my crap out there for just one night. Let me think on it and I'll get back with you in a bit. Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
It's camping. Who said ya needed to trailer your house out there?
Unread 11-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #10
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666
It's camping. Who said ya needed to trailer your house out there?
Haha, had my share of freezing in a tent.

Unread 11-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #11
SkylarM
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

So maybe it's looking like just a long day run Saturday then?
Unread 11-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #12
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarM
So maybe it's looking like just a long day run Saturday then?
Are you not interested in a Friday night run?

Since hotshot will be there alone he can pre run a trail. He just has to make sure it's a trail that nobody brakes a front drive shaft or teeters on.
Unread 11-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #13
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

What ever you guys want to do is ok with me. I'm gonna go camping though, if none of you here are really wanting to camp out over the entire holiday it's ok but I may just hook up with some buddies who are camping out near Giant Rock, or some other friends going to Parker. I don't want to be solo camping over the holiday. I'd have to make a huge sign and put it up in front of my camp that says, this is what happens when your wheeling buddies all grow vaginas, you end up camping alone!

If I go to Giant rock, it's not to far from CB, I'll join up with you guys for a Saturday Run, if you show up

Unread 11-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #14
SkylarM
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm down for whatever too. You know I'll gladly camp out in the desert for days by myself, I just don't want my mom to get bored. I'd say I'm down to wheel Friday and Saturday, or just a Saturday day run, either or. Depends mostly on how many others we can loop in :P

In other news, forecast says rain Friday...
Unread 11-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #15
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
What ever you guys want to do is ok with me. I'm gonna go camping though, if none of you here are really wanting to camp out over the entire holiday it's ok but I may just hook up with some buddies who are camping out near Giant Rock, or some other friends going to Parker. I don't want to be solo camping over the holiday. I'd have to make a huge sign and put it up in front of my camp that says, this is what happens when your wheeling buddies all grow vaginas, you end up camping alone! If I go to Giant rock, it's not to far from CB, I'll join up with you guys for a Saturday Run, if you show up Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Calico out of the picture? It's 2 hrs one way for me to head there. I think cb is closer but not sure as I've never been there.

I'm picking up what your putting down. I guess if you go to GR we can still meet in cb and hit bullfrog and cake walk. I have a map so I'm sure I can find it.

Still working on the angle for a night with no kids, so if that happens we can do something ourselves that night.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.