Switching coasts... curious about the legality of wheeling around LA. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Switching coasts... curious about the legality of wheeling around LA.

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
loudog3114

Switching coasts... curious about the legality of wheeling around LA.

So I some time in the next year I am going to start planning my move to santa monica. The winters here are awful, and if your into making yourself a career in the auto industry - ca is the place to be. I was just curious, how does wheeling work out there? Are there plenty of spots you can go to legally? From what I saw while driving out to vegas from LA, it seems like the desert is pretty much open season, as I saw trails everywhere.

Here, on the east coast, wheeling is more or less considered just as bad as dealing drugs or shooting small children - not lethally, but perhaps giving them a limp for the rest of their lives. Its painful. The east coast totally frowns upon anything you could consider 'fun'. Legal land, short of private land, is almost non-existent. There are a few state parks in MA and unmaintained roads, but its tough to find spots that your camry wouldn't be able to tackle.

loudog3114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
dcope17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I built my jeep and it would have been pointless to do in the midwest where its the same. Around me was private owned land ( farms ) and next to no public land.
Out here in SoCal, plenty of legal trails that will meet any level you're looking for. The desert in the winter time is fun to go out and explore, and the mountains have trails for the summer time.

Life with Christ can be explained like a Jeep...
Being in the Word... grows your tire size.
Prayer... gains more ground clearance.
Fellowship... Is like having a good spotter.

The more of these you have... the easier it is to get over obstacles in your path.
.[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f194/dcope17s-thoughts-bible-please-read-only-do-not-post-1333441/#post13115090"]My Bible Thread[/URL]
dcope17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.