Swamp lake nature pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Swamp lake nature pics

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Swamp lake nature pics

A Friend and me spend 3 days in the sierras around Shaverlake Northern California. Ran Swamplake trail, gorgeous scenery, but not enough obstacles for my liking.Still was a fun *lil trail Liked this thingy the most

camping 015 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Is right after this

camping 011 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

camping 013 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Some views on the way

camping 009 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Fast Freddy chillin

camping 008 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Home ward bound

camping 049 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

camping 038 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

camping 031 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

camping 030 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

camping 028 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

camping 021 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

camping 010 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Also ran part of the Dusy from Kaiserpass to Ershim lake and back all in 3 full days of fun and wheelin .

Unread 09-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
RockWoRM
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Nice pics.

Swamp lake trail is definitely not the Hammers, and it may seem small in a nicely built rig on 40's like yours. But it is still a tough trial for most rigs. I'll take the scenery and fun of Swamp over the Hammers any day! lol.

WRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

We put our lil tires on to make it more fun Grouse lake is a lil slice of heaven by the way a shout out to the Fresno 4wheel club for all the work the do on the trails. Thanks again guys to keep these trails open and the camping areas maintained. By the way have done those trails on 35's in a stock wheelbase also
Unread 09-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #4
CJ_Rick

1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
Nice pics.

Swamp lake trail is definitely not the Hammers, and it may seem small in a nicely built rig on 40's like yours. But it is still a tough trial for most rigs. I'll take the scenery and fun of Swamp over the Hammers any day! lol.

WRM
Gotta find a balance between driver and rig. Don't see the point in taking all the challenge out of it, but hey that's just my point of view, to each their own I guess?
78CJ5, 304, 4" BDS lift 1"body, Wide track axles, Powertrax noslip locker front & Detroit locker rear,4:56, 35s, Tera Low, Warn 9.5ti Winch, TKHFAB Rock Angles, Rock bumpers front & rear...
2012 JKU.
2012 JK, 2"lift, 32"BFG's, JCR Dagger stubby front bumper, Warn 9.5cti winch.
CJ_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I found that balance long time ago wheeled my other Jeep on 31's, 32's 33's,35's, then came Hammer wheelin and something better was needed. Love my lil yellow Jeep to much to destroy it there so build this thing. Now I can wheel , my other Jeep bash it park it, take it to the Hammers, park it, go wheelin somewhere else and repeat without damage or much maintenance or breakage. You can hate all you want on a reliable big boy Jeep, but it cuts down on breakage, lost time frustration etc. So I can just enjoy trails without to much worry. If I had 35's that fit this thing I woulda run those. As it stands I used my brand new 37's, they worked pretty good for tires that had only seen 100 miles street driving.

By the way here is a trip recap, busy 3 days

Here is a lil recap of our trip
Met at my bud's house at 5 AM Wednesday morning, drove 300 miles to Shaverlake CA, then another 21 miles to the trailhead of Swamp lake. Drove 5-6 miles of dirtroad to the actual trail, then ran half the trail to Grouse lake got there at 3.30 PM
Setup up camp, did a bit of fishing and hiking, made dinner, relaxed a lil for a change.
Watched bats pick bugs of the water surface was way cool and turned in for the night.
Thursday was a hard day made us feel old lol.
Finished Swamplake trail, hunted for our trailers, then drug the whole shebang up too kaiserpass, found out we couldn't park at the trailhead, fun lil road for trailers, in parts the road was at the most 1 foot wider than the trailers, rock wall on one side, couple a thousand feet drop on the other and steep. Turned around, backtracked a few miles found an area to park, unloaded the Jeeps and started rocking. Nine miles of continues crawling and still made the campground before dark, man that day made me feel sore and old.
Got there at 5.30PM Setup camp ate dinner relaxed watched the stars before hitting the sack.
Friday morning got up ate breakfast, packed up our junk, hit the trail, we kinda took it easy since both Jeeps were a bit low on gas.
Got to the trailers and made the fun drive back to civilization. Hit Clovis CA around 1.30PM ate lunch got gas and headed home which brought more fun. My bud's truck or trailer started vibrating real bad on the highway and took us quite awhile to figure out. after screwing around and pulling off the road several times I found that one of his trailer tires had a tire casing failure. Once we had that changed we hit the road and made it home around 10.30 pm. Wife needed the truck the next working so puklled Jeep of trailer, stored trailer, unloaded the rest of the junk and called it a day around 11.30 PM. Funny how I find this stuff relaxing
Unread 09-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #6
RockWoRM
1992 YJ Wrangler 

So you ran Swamp and then headed up to Kaiser pass and did part of Dusy backwards??? Pics?
And yes, the road to Edison/Florence is quite narrow... but it is cool and fun in it's own way. It gets really fun when you meet the pack station truck full of horses or a big 'ol long Class A motorhome coming the other way!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #7
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

No pics of running The Dusy from Kaiserpass to Ershim Lake and back. To busy gittin er done. Been wanting to do that ever since we ran all of the Dusy 4 years ago. Felt like those 9 miles have gotten a bit tougher, was fun. Busy 3 days though, guess you can figure camping isn't really our thing. Our gig is running trails and moving on which in a way doesn't do those two trails justice, since the scenery is so beautiful.
By the way thanks again Fresno 4 wheeler club for building and installing the new out houses on the Dusy and Swamp, no more sitting over a beam to do your business
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
CJ_Rick

1978 CJ5 

Yeah, I guess a big boy jeep can make up for lack of driver talent, I'm sure that's not the case here though. It's just that I'm tired of seeing trails get torn up from "big boys jeeps" that the drivers over build for the trail they're running and run in two wheel drive or not engaging their lockers until they get stuck and dig big *** holes and jack up the the trail just so they can make it more challenging for their rigs. Like I said I'm sure your not one of them, it just seems like there's an awfull lot of those types out there and they give all you "big boy" jeepers a bad name.
78CJ5, 304, 4" BDS lift 1"body, Wide track axles, Powertrax noslip locker front & Detroit locker rear,4:56, 35s, Tera Low, Warn 9.5ti Winch, TKHFAB Rock Angles, Rock bumpers front & rear...
2012 JKU.
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #9
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Rick View Post
Yeah, I guess a big boy jeep can make up for lack of driver talent, I'm sure that's not the case here though. It's just that I'm tired of seeing trails get torn up from "big boys jeeps" that the drivers over build for the trail they're running and run in two wheel drive or not engaging their lockers until they get stuck and dig big *** holes and jack up the the trail just so they can make it more challenging for their rigs. Like I said I'm sure your not one of them, it just seems like there's an awfull lot of those types out there and they give all you "big boy" jeepers a bad name.
On that subject vehicles with open diffs do a lot more of that, than a properly equipped offroad vehicle that is capable of tackling a trail, I prefer to run open, but as soon as tires start digging or traction is compromised it's time to either flip 2 switches or use another line. I am not about destroying trails or senseless bashing into rocks. Seen enough of that and it generally doesn't end well. I like rock crawling for the fun of rock crawling and that includes not destroying the trail or my vehicle. By the way don't get me started on road builders,rock stackers that seem to take pleasure in paving trails so they can drive a not so capable vehicle on a black diamond trail, just to say they did. Or happily plug a trail for hours on end while they are bumbling about. Guess we all have our pet peeves eh?
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #10
CJ_Rick

1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Guess we all have our pet peeves eh?
Ain't that the truth!
2012 JKU.
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #11
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You bet
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #12
Burlbook48
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Great pics!

I'm still finding my balance. ;-)

I don't need to compete with "the big boys", I just wanna have some fun in a drop-dead gorgeous area I love visiting. I also don't have to trailer my rig, as it is my daily driver. That's not to say I don't admire a well built rig that is more capable than mine.

We all play in our own way. However, I get the feeling that we are all equal sitting around the fire at the end of the day sharing a good brew and some good company.
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #13
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Daily drive mine to every so often and drive it to local trails. Over 100 miles one way it goes on the trailer.
You are right the comraderie at the camp fire is the same when we can have them. Forestry service and the drought are kinda party poopers
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #14
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice pictures Art. Looks like a good time.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #15
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sure was Poppa, time for you and the step child to head out there

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.