Stolen '03 Rubi in So Cal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Stolen '03 Rubi in So Cal

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-10-2009, 11:36 PM   #1
KE6ALM

Thumbs down Stolen '03 Rubi in So Cal

Figured it's worth a shot, suggested by a friend. Sorry if this is in an improper subforum but in looking through and searching the site I could not find anywhere more logical.

I walked out the front door of the office in Irvine this evening to find an empty parking space where my Patriot Blue '03 Rubi was parked when I came back from lunch. The Jeep is pretty much stock, with an aftermarket front and rear bumper, a large High Sierra ham antenna hanging off the passenger side of the rear bumper, and a smaller tri-band ham antenna mounted to the driver side windshield fold-down bolt. It's either a joyrider or someone really wanted the Danas and the NV231... or my junk mail.

I have some photos of the exterior of the rig at http://members.cox.net/mattsphotos/Jeep.htm. Thanks for any leads...

Matt KE6ALM

Last edited by KE6ALM; 11-11-2009 at 09:26 AM..
KE6ALM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
havasu
On permanent vacation

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I personally believe this is a great idea. I was going to print your attached photo and hand it out to my fellow "workers" who could keep out an eye while on patrol, but your link did not work. I'm also wondering if the JF management could consider a proper sub-category for others who have had their jeeps stolen, and we members could be on the lookout? After all, any jeep that passes my eyes gets an extra look, usually because I'm envious...
havasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
KE6ALM

Fixed the mink, MINOR details...

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasujeeper View Post
I personally believe this is a great idea. I was going to print your attached photo and hand it out to my fellow "workers" who could keep out an eye while on patrol, but your link did not work.
Minor details... fixed the link. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote:
I'm also wondering if the JF management could consider a proper sub-category for others who have had their jeeps stolen, and we members could be on the lookout? After all, any jeep that passes my eyes gets an extra look, usually because I'm envious...
As mentioned, I tried to find the best place to put it... wondering if it were even a proper fit. And yes, it's definitely a Jeep thing, always checking out other rigs!

Matt KE6ALM
Unread 11-11-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
Sirus789
1997 XJ Cherokee 

sorry to hear that man. hope you do find it.
Sirus789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 08:55 AM   #5
flyboy14295
2000 WJ 

you report it stolen to PD?

New York City EMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneJeeper View Post
I came into this world via broken rubber, i'm not going out the same way.
flyboy14295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 08:59 AM   #6
KE6ALM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy14295 View Post
you report it stolen to PD?
...must...not...use...sarcasm.

Yes, IMMEDIATELY. Then to my on-site security, then to my manager (since I am not at work this morning), then to my friends.

Matt KE6ALM
Unread 11-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #7
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE6ALM View Post
Figured it's worth a shot, suggested by a friend. Sorry if this is in an improper subforum but in looking through and searching the site I could not find anywhere more logical.
Moved from Comments and Suggestions for better exposure to the local members who can help you locate your Jeep quicker.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 10:09 AM   #8
Ricochet88
1993 ZJ 

ill be on the lookout for sure! i hope you find it

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #9
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Hmmm, that guy in the picture is really eyeing your jeep....just saying...

I'll keep an eye out for ya. Hope you get it back!

-Chris LeDoux

I never could figure what the sky was thinking, but the soil, she don't keep too many secrets.
LJameson is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #10
ImpactFabWorks
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i hate to see things like this happen. i"ll keep a look out for you also, i had a pre runner ranger stolen once. it had a v8 swap 4-link rear and tons of travel in the front with full cage and everything. it was ready for baja, when the police found it and i got it back it just felt wrong and i ended up selling it. it felt like it was violated or something

www.Impact-FabWorks.com

Impact-FabWorks Facebook

Please fill out your profile, It helps us help you!!!
ImpactFabWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #11
KE6ALM

Angry Abandon all hope...

Update: Today I watched the video still playback of my Jeep being stolen. Two minutes after I came back from lunch, a Grand Cherokee backed into the parking space next to mine on the driver's side of my Jeep. I could see what looked like a pair of feet near my driver's door (the view of the camera was from the passenger side). Two minutes later the Grand Cherokee pulls out of the parking lot down one side of the building, and on the other side of the building on a different camera I could see the guy wearing a white T-shirt driving my Jeep away on the other side of the building. The driver's window was either rolled down or broken at that point.

My guess is that it could be a group of Jeep thieves looking for parts. A friend of mine told me he heard of two others stolen in the southeast LA area yesterday, but those were recovered quickly.

If it is as I suspect they were almost certainly after the Danas, NV231, and NV3550 from the Rubicon package. If this is the case, it's doubtful that anything but the tub would be recovered. Still, you never know...

Thanks to everyone for your nice thoughts and words of encouragement.

Matt KE6ALM
Unread 11-11-2009, 03:53 PM   #12
spdnjoe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

could you get a license plate on the cherokee ? Is it a pay parking lot ? If so, they have cameras when you pay and leave.
Just a thought.

This came out today on craigslist but I doubt that they are that stupid.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/1461634520.html
spdnjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 08:16 PM   #13
DuckHunter
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry to hear about the robbery man. Im on the complete other side of the country but i hope you get it back in one peice and soon.
Unread 11-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #14
havasu
On permanent vacation

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just to confirm, your license plate is Cal. Lic. # KE6ALM? Also, I will forward the pic to my daughter, who works at UCI, just for an extra set of eyes in Irvine!
havasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #15
KE6ALM

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasujeeper View Post
Just to confirm, your license plate is Cal. Lic. # KE6ALM?
Yes, I tried to make sure that was clear in the photo.

Quote:
Also, I will forward the pic to my daughter, who works at UCI, just for an extra set of eyes in Irvine!
Thanks! Given that it was stolen by someone driving a Grand Cherokee, I assume they were after parts, especially drivetrain, so I doubt that anything but the tub will be recovered. I seriously doubt at this point that it will be seen driving around close to where it was stolen, but again, you never know...

Matt KE6ALM

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.