stock 2014 Wrangler Unlimited sport at the Pismo dunes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > stock 2014 Wrangler Unlimited sport at the Pismo dunes

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-23-2013, 12:29 AM   #1
ScubaD
2014 TJ Wrangler 

Jk stock 2014 Wrangler Unlimited sport at the Pismo dunes

Ill be buying a 2014 jk in the next few days, and im planning my first trip too the pismo dunes/Oceano Dunes. I was wondering if stock will be ok too ride the dunes? 17" tires, Dana 33 front, Dana 44 rear, 6 speed manual trany, 3.21 gear ratio.
Im beyond a newb here people. Any help/advice will be appreciated more than you could imagine.

And i was also wondering if anyone could recommend any locals in the Los Angeles area. My main focus would be off roading, to out of the way locations for scenic/wildlife photography.

ScubaD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Check into the Roll Call LA Thread, lots of local wheelers hangout in that thread. As far as taking your new jeep to Pismo beach, You'll need to drop the air pressure in your tires before pulling out in the sand. I'd drop the air pressure to at least 15 psi, maybe even lower. On board air would be nice but you can pick up a cheap little air compressor at harbor freight, or 4wheelparts to carry in your jeep.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.