southern cal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > southern cal

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

Unread 10-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #1
colbster246

southern cal

any one know of any good offroading spots close

colbster246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2007, 11:09 PM   #2
Ancient Mariner
2012 JK Wrangler 

If you listen to the news, the whole southern CA is on fire!!! Are you away from that? Must be, or are you looking for an escape route? I cannot believe what is going on down there. WOW.
Ancient Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 08:21 AM   #3
SoCalJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

While a lot of areas are off limits now because of the fires, there are some nice areas. I do a lot of riding in the Cleveland national Forest - up Silverado canyon and all the way to Lake Elsinore. If you cross Highway 74 at Elsinore there is a big offroad park and the trail also carries on all the way to Temecula.

I found a book at AAA called Back Country Adventures which gives great detail about many trails in SoCal. it has been a great resource. Another one that can be useful is www.dirtopia.com. This is a Wiki site and while some of the info is a bit sparse it does at least tell you where trails are.
Unread 10-24-2007, 02:25 PM   #4
stroker610
2006 TJ Wrangler 

anyone want to try a calico run??

its not on fire
stroker610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 03:00 PM   #5
colbster246

thanks guys

um the fires were close like 6 miles away but there out now in san clemente anyways
colbster246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #6
snellav
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker610
anyone want to try a calico run??

its not on fire
Im going to Calico this comming Friday and plan on wheeling Saturday and Sunday. PM me and I can give you info
Unread 10-28-2007, 02:51 AM   #7
Sand-Wedgie
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'll Go!

Wish I had more notice. I would have gone to Calico with you. I haven't been there in 30 years. Let me know the next time you plan on a trip there.
Sand-Wedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2007, 10:59 AM   #8
07JGCL
2007 WK 

This kinda has to do with wheeling. You know that jeep liberty commerical where it is driving up a paved road and turns on to a dirt road! That was filmed on the 138 going towards silverwood lake. I was with my buddy on the way to do a little off roading up the and was stopped by CHP and he said we had to wait a couple of minutes casue they were fliming and did say what. So we waited and drove thru and of course the road we wanted to take is were they had all the equipment and stuff set up
07JGCL is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.