SoCal WJ guys - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SoCal WJ guys

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSpiderwebshade @ JeepHut.com

Unread 03-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #106
jpthrils
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
GOLD anyone?
Where's this at?

jpthrils is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #107
jpthrils
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Finally had a chance to work on the rola roof rack
I ordered some weld on light tabs from trail gear and my buddy at work did the weldng. They came out great. Got the lights installed too. Now the wiring. Also thinking about fabing up a mount for a shovel,mount for a hi lift jack and mount fo the spare tire. Any ideas
jpthrils is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2012, 09:32 PM   #108
bhicks
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpthrils View Post
Finally had a chance to work on the rolla roof rack
I ordered some weld on light tabs from trail gear and my buddy at work did the weldng. They came out great. Got the lights installed too. Now the wiring. Also thinking about fabing up a mount for a shovel,mount for a hi lift jack and mount fo the spare tire. Any ideas
I had a hi-lift, lights, shovel, and 35" spare mounted on the roof rack of my XJ and had two HUGE issues I didn't consider. All that stuff gets a LOT of attention by criminals. I had my hi-lift, shovel, and lights stolen twice off my XJ. Once while I was at work and once while I was in Wal-Mart picking up ammo. I have since learned to mount everything inside in the back. I also only carry my winch, spare, and hi-lift when I go wheelin. The rest of the time they sit on my garage floor. Less weight=better fuel econy. If by some rare chance I have a blow out during normal daily driving I have AAA to tow my arse home. The other issue is your center of gravity. The more weight you put up high the more your Jeep wants to tip over. You want to run the biggest tires you can but keeping the lowest possible center of gravity. The JK world is finally coming around to this concept. I know a few JK owners running a 2.5" lift with flat fenders and 37's. They only have a few inches of uptravle but huge downtravel. Big tires and low lift= stability off road. Just something to think about. The only thing I have on the outside of my WJ that could be easily stolen is my crapy harbor freight lights. Those are $16 a pair so I'm not out too much if the Wal-Mart thugs strike again. If your still set on mounting stuff up there, shoot me a PM. I can send you the info on how I mounted my stuff with about $20 worth of hardware from ACE.
Present- 2002 WJ Overland, 242HD(going in soon) 4.5" Teraflex/JKS lift, JCR Sliders, TAG bumpers, 33" Muds, 17" JK Moabs ( Future- 2012 JK Rubicon)
bhicks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #109
pkess3

I just tried the hockey puck bump stops. It worked fine up front for my roughly 2" lift using two pucks each but in the rear I have upcountry springs and the pucks would not fit around the top part of the spring. I would trim them but I currently do not have the tools.
pkess3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #110
Redstarlover
2001 WJ 

I'm here in Ventura and my WJ kicks ***
wju.jpg  
Unread 11-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #111
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Welcome...

Mine kicks more butt!!!
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.