Looks like we are gonna have to cancel this wheelin trip on Saturday. This incoming storm is turning into a beast. The snow level is gonna be at about 6500 ft on Friday and Gold Mtn. at the lowest is a 7000 and goes up to 8200ft. The weather reports I'm reading are showing close to a foot of snow at those higher elevations with another foot coming Saturday day. 2 feet of snow is a little too extreme for some of the Jeeps going. 2 feet of snow on fire roads is fun but on a medium level offroad trail is just dangerous. Too many rigs would be constantly getting stuck or damaged. This would keep us on the trail WAY longer which means more snow for us to deal with. I'm REALLY sorry guys, but we are just gonna have to wait until the snow melts and try it again. I have ran many of the Big Bear trails in deep snow, but I was on 35's, long arms, and locked front and rear and I STILL struggled.
Past-SOLD2000 TJ, 4.0, 231HD,4.5" long armed lift, 4.56's, detroits, 35" KM1's
Past-SOLD 2000 XJ auto 242 4.0 6" Full traction long arm, Dana 44's, MTR Kevlar 35's, 4.88s, Detroits
Present- 2002 WJ Overland, 242HD(going in soon) 4.5" Teraflex/JKS lift, JCR Sliders, TAG bumpers, 33" Muds, 17" JK Moabs ( Future- 2012 JK Rubicon)