SoCal WJ guys - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SoCal WJ guys

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #31
jpthrils
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhicks View Post
I'm gonna go on the 17th. That will give me enough time to get my rear bumper on, bumpstops, spacers, and fender trimming. I will definately be running gold mtn. You shouldn't break down on that trial. I took my stock TJ through there a few years ago, and just took a stock JK and TJ through there a couple months ago. We will have to take a couple bypasses for you, but you will make it all the way through. I do need to know how comfortable you are with some minor trail damage. Your plastic bumpers will probably have some trail marks at the end. If your not comforble with any damage then come along anyways. When we get to the trail head you can hop into my Jeep and run the trail. The trail loops around and will eventually drop us off back where we started so I will not be out of the way It will give you a feel of how a lifted/moded WJ can perform. That way you will know if that is something you want in the future or not.
dammit if you were going on the 10th i would be sooo down. we have a softball tourny on the 17th. if you decide to change it to the 10th let me know
carnage is part of trail riding, im cool with it. i just wanna be as ready as i can to avoid any unnesesary damage.
that would be awesome if i could ride along just to get a feel for riding in a built wj
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
Thrils....start emptying out your pockets now....
yeah, i know... i already accepted that fact

jpthrils is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #32
jpthrils
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upside View Post
Sounds like a fun run. I'm in the same boat as I need to wait until this spring when I can get a transfer case skid, front recovery, and new tires. I think I'm just going straight to a front receiver instead of the hooks.
i like this guys set up. looks pretty good. check out the reciever and shackles
Unread 02-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #33
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhicks View Post
Damn, that thing is a beast! What size tires are you running on that last pic?
Thank you kind sir, Still running the 33" baja claws from when I first installed the lift. Need to build the courage to install the rear flares before I jump up to 35's. Hopefully soon though, and I need to regear. By the way you got a fine looking Wj yourself there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpthrils View Post
im also looking for some front tow hooks if anybody has a set they wanna let go[/SIZE][/B]
I got my factory tow hooks from when I installed my front bumper if your interested. I had to re use the brackets for the bumper though so no hardware. Also got the factory t case skid that didn't work with my Clayton kit. Let me know if your interested man

On a side note, we can also try and set up a meet and greet or wrenching get together or something of the sort. If someone is willing to have that many Grand Cherokee's at there house it could be a lot of fun.
Trevino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #34
bhicks
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevino View Post

On a side note, we can also try and set up a meet and greet or wrenching get together or something of the sort. If someone is willing to have that many Grand Cherokee's at there house it could be a lot of fun.
That's weird, your 33's look a lot bigger then the 33's I'm running. Must just be an optical illusion.

In regards to a m&g, I have done a few M&G's at my place. I have a garage, decent amount of tools. I also have plenty of room for parking. A couple years ago I did one with some Yota guys during the summer when I owned my FJ80 and we did a camping thing. Since I have the national forest up against the back of my property, guys just brought tents and camped behind my property. It was a ton of fun, minus the bears screwing with one of the tents (word of advice, DONT bring the smores into your tent as a late night snack!) and my bonfire got big enough that the local sheriff showed up. Good times! We could do a bar-b-q at my place then head to big Bear and do a late afternoon run of Gold mtn.
Present- 2002 WJ Overland, 242HD(going in soon) 4.5" Teraflex/JKS lift, JCR Sliders, TAG bumpers, 33" Muds, 17" JK Moabs ( Future- 2012 JK Rubicon)
bhicks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #35
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Not sure on why the tires look bigger. Might be the angle of the shot, like you said. I actually think my tires look too small now with the front flares installed.

That m&g sounds like something I would definitely be up for. We can tackle a few projects on peoples rigs and all pitch in for the meat and stuff. Oh and don't mention bears around my wifes, she just pictures cute and adorable, not mean and hungry.

Oh by the way since its not on the info, names Ruben.
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #36
jpthrils
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I got my factory tow hooks from when I installed my front bumper if your interested. I had to re use the brackets for the bumper though so no hardware. Also got the factory t case skid that didn't work with my Clayton kit. Let me know if your interested man

yeah, im interested. ill take your T/C skid. i do have a lead with a customer at my shop. she might sell me her hooks and brackets... 4x4 grocery getter
maybe we can meet up somewhere this weekend if your available. let me know.
Unread 02-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #37
bhicks
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevino View Post
Not sure on why the tires look bigger. Might be the angle of the shot, like you said. I actually think my tires look too small now with the front flares installed.

That m&g sounds like something I would definitely be up for. We can tackle a few projects on peoples rigs and all pitch in for the meat and stuff. Oh and don't mention bears around my wifes, she just pictures cute and adorable, not mean and hungry.

Oh by the way since its not on the info, names Ruben.
Our Bears aren't real mean, but definately hungry. They will just about do anything to get to food. I have had a few of them come into the garage while I was working on the Jeep. They simply looked over at me, gave a little grunt and then just straight to the trash can. Didn't even bother them that I was right there in the garage with them. A few bangs with my wrench on something metal and me yelling at them usually scares them off. I will start planning for a nice m&g/wrenching/wheeling thing for the summer. Right now we have about 3-4" of snow on the ground so camping and a b-b-q may be a little cold.
Present- 2002 WJ Overland, 242HD(going in soon) 4.5" Teraflex/JKS lift, JCR Sliders, TAG bumpers, 33" Muds, 17" JK Moabs ( Future- 2012 JK Rubicon)
bhicks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #38
WJHahn

I'm in Los Alamitos (right where 605 and 405 freeways meet). 2002 Limited w 4"RCX and Rubicon take-offs. Still need to either finish the sliders I started making, or just buy some. Can't make the 17th, but hopefully I'll make the next meet.
WJHahn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #39
WJHahn

Unfortunately, no. I do happen to live right at the entrance of the base though. Near?
Unread 02-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #40
WJHahn

Whenever my brother in law (Marine) visits I can.
Unread 02-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #41
Trevino
1999 WJ 

So my front pinion bearing started making some awful grinding noise today when I'm slowing down. It's nice and quiet when I'm accelarating or coasting, just makes noise when I start to brake. Been a couple months since I did the diff fluid so the oil should be fine. I've been hearing the bearing for a while now so I know it was on its way out. Hoping all is good. I'm really wanting to hit big bear with you guys next month.
Unread 02-25-2012, 01:08 AM   #42
jpthrils
1994 XJ Cherokee 

here you go guys. check out my build progress so far. any comments, question, concerns, suggestions are appreciated

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1332191/
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:48 PM   #43
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Much appreciated.
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #44
jpthrils
1994 XJ Cherokee 

met up with Trevino this weekend. your cool peeps and your WJ is freaking impressive
thanks for the hookup on the skid plate.

ok, so i have a question for you experianced guys... sunday the wife and i took the jeep to a big dirt area with some areas i was able to flex the suspension. and the rear tires were stuffed in the fenders and more rubbing than i would like was going on. my question is, should i just buy the bump stops or sell this wheel/tire setup and buy smaller tires for the stock 16in wheels i have?
i have JK Moabs with Goodyear SR-A's p255/75r17 about 7k miles on them. keep in mind my WJ is my wifes DD and is going to be on streets and highway 90% of the time.
also i was hearing alot of metal cluncking when loaded up and climbing. sounded like it was coming from transfercase area. im thinking it was the CV style driveshaft. im not really concerned about it cuz im going to be replacing the front driveshaft with a u joint style pretty soon. i'll see what happens with the noise then.
Unread 02-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #45
jpthrils
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
Where was it rubbing? front fascia? fenders? control arms?

I think the KJ wheels have more back spacing than the WJ stick one....

the cheaper and easier route is to get bump stops...

Limit the up travel.

Is your rig lifted? If so, the rezeppa went kaputs...you can get a stock rezeppa at the junkyard and have it extended to match your height or spend...money on a yoke for the TC and get a used DS from the JY...OR spend $400 or so for both new parts, yoke and DS...
Rear tires were rubbing on the rear bumper and wheel well cover. Fronts seem to be ok.
As far as front DS, I read that a stock ZJ front driveshaft (junkyard) will work but ill need to buy the TC yoke new
and yes i have a 2in BB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.