SoCal Military Jeepers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SoCal Military Jeepers

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-11-2008, 12:26 AM   #1
CJ Rob
1995 YJ Wrangler 

SoCal Military Jeepers

Just wanted to see how many of us are here. Post up where you are and what you have. I am on Camp Pendleton and have a 95 YJ. Currently doing a re-gear and 8.8 swap. Here she is before I put on 33" Pro Comp X-Terrains and black soft 8's. I really need some new pics.

and here is my old CJ

Black Jeep Club Member #1369
Low Output Jeep Club Member #1369

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmjeep
you probably would have been better off taking up another hobby, like heroin.
CJ Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2008, 01:06 AM   #2
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Do retired military folks count?

My office is on a military base in Point Loma near the Submarine base but on the ocean front not the bayside.

My POS is an '91 YJ. I have owned it for ~13 years.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2008, 01:37 AM   #3
CJ Rob
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Of course it counts.

Quote:
Unread 02-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #4
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Well, I just got out of the Marines last year. I was stationed at MCAS Yuma, before that 29 Palms. I was in for 5 years and got out as a Sergeant. Now I'm living the civilian dream over here in Poway. You should come to some of our "Jeep Repair Parties." Good times.

I have a 90YJ project Jeep thats getting there slowly but surely!
Unread 02-11-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
Upside
2002 WJ 

Do you know a Sargeant named Josh? I'm not sure what his assignment is (it should be obvious that I'm not military) but he has a lifted YJ and lives in San Onofre. He's a family friend but we haven't ever talked Jeeps, I think he does have my SoCal trails book though.
Upside is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2008, 09:45 PM   #6
CJ Rob
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upside View Post
Do you know a Sargeant named Josh?
Is he the one with the short hair cut and wears green alot? If so I think I have seen him around!

Quote:
Unread 02-11-2008, 09:53 PM   #7
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Rob View Post
Is he the one with the short hair cut and wears green alot? If so I think I have seen him around!

I used to get that all the time. I'd be up in NorCal and someone would ask "Do you know this guy Brian? He's a Marine and is based somewhere in SoCal."

I would always answer "Oh yeah, Brian! We hang out all the time."
Unread 02-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #8
CJ Rob
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Pendleton web page
Camp Pendleton's daytime population of 60,000 includes military personnel, their families, civilian employees and citizens of neighboring communities who conduct business here. Additionally, more than 28,000 retired military and 21,000 reservists depend on the Base's services and facilities.
I am not trying to be a d!@& but I must get this question 10 times a month. Everyone knows someone who works here. At least be able to tell me their last name and unit. You have any idea how many josh/steve/rob/joe/insertyournamehere's there are out of 60,000? No you say? Let me tell you, there are more than I care to know. After the first 5 times or so I got tired of stopping every marine I saw just to find out if he was bob who used to live next sally. And just for all you non military types out there, I know people who I consider friends, people I have known for over 10 YEARS, and I don't have a clue what their FIRST name is. If you can't tell I am just having fun here but I really do know Josh!

Quote:
Unread 02-12-2008, 04:18 PM   #9
Upside
2002 WJ 

Yeah he's the dude with the crew cut with a wife and two kids in base housing.....

I honestly have no idea what his unit is, I get the same damn question at my job. "My brother's cousin's friend's roommate's sister works for the airlines, her name is Mary do you know her?"

Anyway, your YJ looks like one of the jeeps parked in front of his house when I went there for a party but I barely remember seeing it. There were a lot of Jeeps in San Onofre, kind of the opposite of Orange County. The dealership always seems surprised that I still drive a 1993 Jeep, I think most folks just trade them in after two years let alone 15.
Upside is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2008, 12:20 PM   #10
BrandonTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Rob View Post
ROFL

USMC 89-97 8151/0311/4066

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.