Snow Trails in SoCal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Snow Trails in SoCal

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-26-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Snow Trails in SoCal

I'm looking to do some runs in the snow this year and am looking for input from anyone who may know of good ones to hit up. Obviously I would prefer something a bit closer to the SD area but understand that is more wishful thinking than anything!

Thanks,

Jeebs

Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
GibsJeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Im here in Temecula and Mt. Palomar is always in view. If its cold enough when its raining down here, Palomar will get a good coating of snow. The 2 trails that come to mind there on Palomar is Palomar Divide Rd. and Nate Harrison Grade. I've ran both trails, they're not challenging at all (I like Palomar Divide), but if covered in snow, those would be fun trails up the mountain. I was considering checking it out when I see snow up there too. Again though, it only will snow up there if it gets cold enough. Other than that, Big Bear would be the best bet, lots of trails up there, I just dont know if theres closures when it snows.
Unread 10-26-2008, 02:43 PM   #3
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Palomar isn't bad, but like you said, they aren't really challenging. A couple of people from JF did the run in the snow last year and had a decent time. Nice and quick.

I'm guessing I'm going to be driving a few hours north to find the good stuff.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2008, 07:06 PM   #4
MEinSoCal
2001 WJ 

hey i'd be interested in this as well. actually, the SoCal Jeep Meetup group has been thinking about this as well. feel free to join our discussion there:

http://www.meetup.com/The-So-Cal-Jee...read/5548115/0
Unread 10-26-2008, 10:42 PM   #5
cvd
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I was in Anza Borrego this weekend. Ran Rodriguez Canyon & Oriflamme Canyon this morning. It’s a fairly easy, but very scenic loop that could have some snow in another couple months.
cvd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.