scouting trails on 88 an 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > scouting trails on 88 an 4

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 04-11-2008, 10:04 PM   #1
whiteyj1994
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Question scouting trails on 88 an 4

has anyone been up highway 88 or 4 just wondering if anything has opened yet. we are going up 88 on sunday to check on deer valley and pardoe just to see if the gates have opened yet. I was just wondering if anyone has been around cabbage patch or slick rock recentley.

whiteyj1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
Duble-it
1986 CJ7 

FYI, we went up hwy 88 sunday. The gate at bear river resevoir is still closed. I hear that it will be closed until May 1st. The trail around the lake was open and partly covered in snow. It posed enough of a challenge to give us a good half day of snow wheelin.
Duble-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
whiteyj1994
1994 YJ Wrangler 

yup I feel ya I spent most of the day watching the guy in front of our group sliding around on the trail, only to hit some deep stuff off chamber enough that I had to spool out the winch to pull him out, thats when we called it quits. I was suppose to be the leader on the way out but had to send the same guy out ahead of me to pack it some more so I could make the uphill onto the trail home. I almost made it all the way out without a problem until I got stuck with my left front and my right rear off the ground and no momentum ( not good with open diffs) the leader gave me a little pull and I was back at it.
Unread 04-14-2008, 06:36 PM   #4
whiteyj1994
1994 YJ Wrangler 

too bad the gate is still closed I would like to drive some of the forest trails back there while there is still a covering of snow. Hows the wifes toe? I think we may have learned our lesson about bringing proper foot gear for the trail ( we all wore sandles) I am going to leave a pair of sneakers in my jeep at all times now, it would have made it a great day if we would have caught a few trout for dinner, oh well next time huh? I have my fingers crossed for may 3 to try it again hope the gate is open by then.

ncrs rule
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:52 PM   #5
Duble-it
1986 CJ7 

Yeah, I think we will invest in some jeep only hiking boots. Her toe is fine. I would have thought with the lake level so low the fish would be eating anything they could.
Duble-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
whiteyj1994
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duble-it View Post
Yeah, I think we will invest in some jeep only hiking boots. Her toe is fine. I would have thought with the lake level so low the fish would be eating anything they could.
kinda feels like i am just posting for the hell of it some times how about you
Unread 04-28-2008, 10:24 PM   #7
whiteyj1994
1994 YJ Wrangler 

so we made another run at it the other weekend and had some fun on the same fire trails, one of our new guys broke a power steering belt and went home after the first trail. We continued on and hit I think it was 2 more short trails before hitting one that somebody said "its just about 3 miles out this way dont worry i have been here a lot with dirt bikes" we made it out for drinks just before dark, not to mention 8-9 pucker points on the way.........I cant wait to go back again!!!!!!!!!1

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.