San Fernando Valley Jeepers (or close by)? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > San Fernando Valley Jeepers (or close by)?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 04-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
TJ-Tera
1998 TJ Wrangler 

San Fernando Valley Jeepers (or close by)?

Hey all,

I haven't seen too much near the Valley so I thought I'd check to see if anyone else has been lurking in here. I met up with a local club only once, so I've yet to see how good their group really is. But wouldn't mind seeing who else is out there.

If you are in Santa Clarita, Los Angeles, the Valley, or Simi then maybe we could all organize a meet/greet or bbq or something.

Unread 04-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

TJ-Tera;

Hey bud! I'm just up the hill in the Antelope Valley, and thought I'd make our presence known! We have a few pretty challenging trails right here, as well as you are near the Sierra Palona trail through the mountains to Drinkwater, and Rowher flats if you want close in. A couple other guys went to Calico, and some i know went to Red Rock last weekend. Lots to see and do at both places. I am down to just my 2wd Cherokee now, but can still lead on some fun places.
I am also into my horses, so spend time with both in my exploring the trails.

slickrocksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
TJ-Tera
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Steve! Nice to meet ya...I've done Rowher Flats a long time ago, as well as Sand Canyon and Azusa off the 210. I moved away for awhile, so it's been some time since I went out with buds off-roading. Anyways, I'm always down to hang out with some local people as long as they don't mind a stock suspensioned Tj coming along. PM me next time you guys have something going on!
Unread 04-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Tj-Tera;

Will do!
We may have a trip up for 21st to Goler Gulch. We are dropping a barn, then next day going to the gulch for some fun.
You are of course welcome, and since it is only about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs, away, we are home at dark.
There is a guy on here from Ridgecrest, Jeff, who is pretty cool, and my bud Mojavedave, who I go with from time to time.
As I said, my Cherokee is 2wd, so the really tough places are off limits for now. I really miss my old CJ-8, and my red YJ.
If you want to come here to Lake Los Angeles, ( there is NO lake), I also know of some tamer spots close in that are kind of fun.
Unread 04-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #5
TJ-Tera
1998 TJ Wrangler 

All that sounds good to me. The 21st this month is out cause my company offered me a $1k training day in San Diego on the 20th and the g/f and I are gonna go down and make a weekend trip out of it. I'd be interested in some of those local spots you mentioned though on another weekend...sounds fun!
Unread 10-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #6
TCrow2

Are there any trails really close to sfv? Drinkwater is the closest I've heard of yet
TCrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I think there are some tame ones near Chatsworth, or out by Topanga and the Oat mtn site.
Also in Santa Clarita is the Bear Mtn trail to Lightning point, but the fire closures have closed a LOT of the local stuff right mow. Some fire roads, and a few public dirt roads, but you do have to come out here to do any rock stuff, or even get "kind of" hairy.
There are a couple rock piles, and a couple exploring spots out near Black Butte, and over off of Ave "J", and 260th East.
Unread 10-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
SkylarM
2005 TJ Wrangler 

North Hollywood here! Check out the "Roll Call Los Angeles" thread too... Most of the dudes on there are like a 150 mile radius from the city and there's usually some sort of wheeling going on every couple weeks.
SkylarM is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #9
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I live in Elizabeth Lake, work in Santa Clarita. I've probably done rowher 100 times.

-Chris LeDoux

I never could figure what the sky was thinking, but the soil, she don't keep too many secrets.
LJameson is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.