Sacramento or Nashville - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Sacramento or Nashville

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #16
Peterpsc
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You won't regret your decision to come to CA. Ditto on help with areas to wheel.

Peterpsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #17
LibertyJeeper
1985 CJ7 

I have been looking for a way out of Sac area for some time. I live just south of Sac in Elk Grove. Some other things to consider, 150.00 fines for non spayed or neutered dog, Cops do not respond to a home break in unless the criminal is still at the scene, everything is pretty much more expensive. If you plan on fishing and hunting you need a law degree to decipher the regulations.
Dont get me wrong, the place can be beautiful in the spring time, and sierras are always nice but the BS is too deep for me.
Looking for axles 4.10's or higher
LibertyJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #18
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Hmmm, walk in to Big 5 and ask for a hunting or fishing license.... done. I've never had any problem with that. That other stuff must be Elk Grove specific, that sucks.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2011, 06:48 PM   #19
LibertyJeeper
1985 CJ7 

How many fishing poles do you need? What a three foot steal head report card you need to carry on your person, god forbid you catch a steal head while salmon fishing and your card wanst filled out first. Where do you plan on fishing, do you have the right stamp for the right location and the right fish.

2 day hunting class, that you have to schedule a month a head of time.
No buying ammo online. The positive note, the new sheriff claims to be a shall issue regarding concealed carry

Buying a few dirt bikes for the family? Make sure the bikes have the proper sticker on them. If you buy one red and one green you may not be able to ride them in the same month together.

Have a fire place? Make sure you are using it on the proper day, the cops may not show up for a burglary but they will be there in a heart beat if you burn on the wrong day.
Unread 01-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #20
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The no ammo online law was overturned by a federal court. You're right though you should probably move if this place is driving you crazy.

I've just never had any of those problems I guess. That's not to say that CA doesn't have ignorant rules and such. Really a fireplace??? I burn everyday of the winter without a problem, again that's an area thing.

I'm not arguing with you, just think you're being a little overly dramatic.
Unread 01-30-2011, 08:27 PM   #21
LibertyJeeper
1985 CJ7 

You are in Nevada city? That seems to be a different world than down in the valley. My wife's family is from that area. Her grandfathers both raise cattle up in Grass Valley. If my information is correct you even have different smog laws up there.
I am speaking from personal experience only and that related to south Sacramento area. When I moved out here from Jersey in 05 I thought I was leaving absurd regulations behind, when in reality I jumped from the fireplace into the fire. I had all sorts of issues smoging my jeep, registering my boat and getting my hunting license.

True Northern California is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I adore the Sierras, and coast, but it comes at a substantial cost.

Thanks for the heads up the online ammo purchasing. For me that was the last straw, even though I purchase very little ammo online.
Unread 01-31-2011, 12:15 PM   #22
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

See you've only been here since '05 give it another 10 years or so and it'll warp your brain like mine and you'll just accept the lunacy.
Unread 01-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #23
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyJeeper View Post
...Northern California is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I adore the Sierras, and coast...
All the BS seems worth it just for that. There are over 37 million people in California. We need some rules to keep the idiots in check.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 05:00 PM   #24
JeepSahara2001
2001 TJ Wrangler 

After much research I had to tell my boss I was staying in Nashville. I was getting a 15% cost of living and with California taxes my take-home pay would have been the same as nashville where they have no state income tax. Broke my heart but I would have been a hobo if I had went because cost of living is 30% higher in CA and your guys gas cost like 5 bucks a gallon.

Mark

[______]
(O||||O)
=======
JeepSahara2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 02:04 AM   #25
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well I live about an 1-1/2 south of Sac. and will be in Nashville on tues - sun for some meeting and seminars. Anything suggestions on don't miss tings to see. I will be staying at the Opera Land Hotel. I was there about 6 years ago, I have tickets for the Ryman Sat. night but that's about it. I am traveling with my wife and I have all day wed. w/ nothing to do hoping you could help me out on tings to do.

Thanks

Oh by the way you will miss out on the Sierras living in Nashville.

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #26
RockWoRM
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'd like to know just one thing... how are some of you guys living in Sac, getting to Yosemite in an hour? You must be driving about 110 mph... or you've got a plane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #27
Shinta
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
I'd like to know just one thing... how are some of you guys living in Sac, getting to Yosemite in an hour? You must be driving about 110 mph... or you've got a plane!

ya i just load my tj in the back on my plane and have my wife fly me over a nice flat area then i put the jeep in reverse shoot out the back and open the parachute thats strapped up top
Shinta is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.