Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Sacramento Jeepers

6K views 109 replies 13 participants last post by  Jeepster83 
#1 ·
I was looking around at all the sacramento area posts and there are a quite a few of us in the area, so I went ahead and made a group for our area. There isnt currently one so why not ? If this would provide a more centered place to form meetups or trips great. Let me know what you think

#5 ·
PRAIRE CITY you should go

#6 ·
if we are going to do more trails this year we should get prepared to make the outings go smoothly. help me put a list of things we should have as a minimum. :

recovery points front and back

tug strap

tools

fire ext.

air comp or =

full size spare tire

jumper cables

fluids

fan belt

hoses

bottle jack

gloves

tire repair kit

u-joints

valve stem and core

silicone

brake cleaner

high lift

options:

winch

tree saver

snatch block

rock sliders

33" min tires (some trails requires this)

cb

i have this and more already
,except the tire stem and core.

what else do you think we need? besides beer yjjustforme!

#9 ·
there is 2 spots open for hell hole on sat. that is if you get back to me in time so i can put your name in before its full again. they had some drop outs.
We are meeting in Georgetown at 8 am and pulling out at 8:30 sharp.
Hell Hole is a moderate trail. It is an in-n-out trail. Figure 4 to 10 hours depending on the driver. Very pretty views, stopping at the lake, and only a couple of hard sections. 33" tires should do great on Hell Hole. 31 might do good too depending on the driver. you will need to have a recovery point at each end also. it might be a snow run in parts or maybe more . i have never been there so I'm not sure when the snow melts enough to get down to it.
the guys that are putting this trip together are pretty cool so you will have fun.

who wants to go???????????

Attachments

#13 ·
#14 ·
your on the list norcalcon, 4 are jf members

Roll Call:

Yes:

Larry
Kevin
Justin
Steve
Bob
Howdy
Derrick

Meeting in Georgetown at 8 and since this is going to be a long day as it is, we will leave at 8:30 Sharp!
Turn North-East off of Georgetown Rd on to Main St/Wentworth Springs rd. Store on the right.
Will be running channel 10. See you there.

#15 ·
Bob i hope you and all have a great time, give me a shout for the next one okay, and let us know if you wana set up another run up sometime soon. p.s. give us details on trail diff. and if we need lockers cause im still debating on throwing in a full spool in the rear 44.

#17 ·
yeap i have no freaken recovery points i want my dang tax return to come in danget freakin government just taking there time as soon as i get that check im buying my steel for my rear bumper and by next friday i will have roughly160 hours in at work so i will have some money for the front bumper also then i will be golden

That also looked like a kinda intense trail. I want to do a run with yall but i want my first run to be on the easier side just to get use to wheeling with you all and get a little confidence built up i have only really wheeled at two local spots and theres nothing grand there is some cool stuff but nothing grand ya know

#19 ·
dude,dont let a couple hooks stop you! ive got two hooks in my garage ,i think? come over tommorro and well throw them on somewhere! there is only two spots that require a little effort from what im told ,and if it wasnt for a few tuff spots the trails would be boring! this is what you built it for! so get off the bench and get in the game , i guarantee youll have fun and we dont leave anyone behind even timatoe

#18 ·
dude, you got a aussie locker up front, 4" lift and 31's! you'll be just fine, just take your time and learn to read lines on an obstacle and just watch for other peoples tire placement! and dont forget there should always be someone to spot you just incase you need the help!:thumbsup:

on the trip, bigsquat was the only one that was locked and tim and i just took our time and planed our lines and we made it with open diffs. dont worry next time we go we'll help you out!:thumbsup:

#21 ·
Roll Call:

Yes:

Larry
Kevin
Justin
Steve
Bob
Howdy(dropped out)
Derrick

now that howdy droped there still are 2 spots!

#25 ·
i will and thanks, i just got back from the water board meeting it it was still going when i left! its so obvious the the inviro nazi's are using whatever means possible to close the trail, not because of any real threat to the water from sediment, oil spills, or poop(which is about the only thing that has any merritt)its because the hate they have for 4x4's and the people who drive them. they had a a line up of experts to try to support there agenda, but or side did really well defending and rebutting. we will see what happens. as soon as i walked in the room you could see who was who. boy what a bunch of Berkley looking waco's. and i know i worked in Berkley on and off for 30 years. there a tons of places that they can hike in there sandals, why cant we have this trail? there is going to be some damage to the trail. so what, its not enough to hurt anything long term and the friends of the Rubicon have done a lot to fix problems as they occurr. God gave this earth for us to use as we see fit ,and if we want to spin or tires some times i say go for it! as long as we dont ruin it for others. sorry for the rant. this is the last trail in elerado still open for winter use.

#23 ·
Hey Bob, weren't you talkin about this trip in another thread and someone,,,, seems like his user name is metal something (I think he's from the Loomis area) said he'd be there??? Anyhow, I believe he's posted up before about Fordyce, maybe he can shed some insight on what exactly is must have equipment up there.

I know you wouldn't leave me behind :cheers2: Well, probably not too far anyway.

#28 ·
Hey Bob, weren't you talkin about this trip in another thread and someone,,,, seems like his user name is metal something (I think he's from the Loomis area) said he'd be there??? Anyhow, I believe he's posted up before about Fordyce, maybe he can shed some insight on what exactly is must have equipment up there.

I know you wouldn't leave me behind :cheers2: Well, probably not too far anyway.
yea ,metal is a member of the club that is putting this on. sfisher and me are prospects to join the club. norcaldan is a jf guy that ive been on a few trips with. like i said erlier its not that tough a trail and 31's should get through. you do need hooks tho

#27 ·
its all good , . norcalcon ,metal,sfisher are going and are jf members. still 2 more spots

#30 ·
some say fordyce is harder than the rubicon!

#32 ·
I think Fordyce is harder than the Rubicon. Iv'e been on the Rubicon with open diff Jeeps and Toys on 31's that have wheeled through no problem. I wouldn't even think about Fordyce without 33"'s and locked front and rear. I'm not saying it can't be done, I just wouldn't do it. 35"s would be better. Just ask mtngoht on this forum. He has made 2 Fordyce trips with our club on 33"s, and the last one claimed his engine due to deep water crossings.
Here are a few pics from the past couple of years:

#31 ·
i have been on it but it was 20 years ago and all the trail memories have blended, rubicon, barret ,fordyce, a few more i dont remember the name.

#33 ·
that looks very diffucult and i know the pics dont show the real thing

#34 ·
Don't get me wrong, the whole trail isn't like that. There are just a few spots that will take some skill and a built rig to get through, not to mention the possible deep water crossings. (depending on the flow of the river).
It's kind of ironic than most of my body damage and broken parts have been on the Rubicon, not Fordyce.:eek: I think that I am just more complacent on the Rubicon and I try all the hard lines.
:rofl:
There are a couple spots on Fordyce that just flat scare the piss out of me. one being the ledge before Sunrise Hill, the other being the water crossings at high flow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.