Rubicon trip - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Rubicon trip

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 08-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #31
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Whelp, I "went full retard!" Drove the TJ up anyway! Rofl. I installed a perfectly sized flat washer over the gear shaft. It didn't wear at all the whole way up to Tahoe!
The Jeep sure doesn't care for some of these hills though. The tentative plan is to get up fairly early on Thursday, pack the wife and little demons and hit the road. We will enter the trail from the Tahoe side and see how far in we can get by about noon or one. Have lunch and turn around and head back to camp. If we are feeling extra frisky, we'll bring the tent along, but I highly doubt she's gonna want to go all the way through.
I'm excited to at least be able to hopefully hit some of the trail while we're here. Hope to see someone on the trail. I'm in the orange TJ with powrjunkey all over it!

Unread 08-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #32
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just got home from the Rubicon. Had a great time. Went from Loon Lake to Tahoe.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 01:36 AM   #33
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

Pics?
Unread 08-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #34
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

There was only a few taken by cell phone. On WF a group we kept leap frogging took 302 pics.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #35
howellusmc
1995 ZJ 

image-1763198830.jpg

image-1214331533.jpg

image-2935090357.jpg
howellusmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #36
howellusmc
1995 ZJ 

image-1880337487.jpg
Unread 12-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #37
DuckRunner09
2012 JK Wrangler 

HowellUSMC..... Pendleton or the stumps...?

I'm a little more set up than I was back in July, still really wanna do the Rubi lol. How was it?
Unread 12-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #38
howellusmc
1995 ZJ 

My time in the corps is over. The rubicon was a blast, I'm going to run it again this summer. Can't wait.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.