Rubicon/Fordyce 35's a must? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Rubicon/Fordyce 35's a must?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wFLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRI

Unread 03-07-2015, 11:21 AM   #1
Mousejockey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Rubicon/Fordyce 35's a must?

Im hearing all kinds of advice so Im after more =)
Are 35's req for these two trails or will 33's do? Just picked up some Rubi axles and looking to regear them but need to decide on tire size 1st. Also how are the 35's on the street compared to the 33's ?

Mousejockey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2015, 12:17 AM   #2
whiteyj1994
1994 YJ Wrangler 

rubicon is doable on 33s without much trouble, fordyce eeehhhh not so much from where Ive been as a passenger, everyone I was with ran 35s or bigger except one and he came home pretty mangled
Unread 03-17-2015, 10:48 PM   #3
yungjk
2011 JK Wrangler 

Just do the 35's, i have them and still feel a need to go bigger.
yungjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2015, 07:41 AM   #4
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I ran the Rubicon with 31's on my YJ without any problems. This was with a 4" lift, 1" body lift, belly up skid, rear locker and rock rails. The belly up was a huge help as it help keep me off the rocks despite only having 31" tires. Regardless I'd say go 35's or you will always wish you did.
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2015, 05:39 PM   #5
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

you can not compare the two trails. 35"s would be min at Fordyce and plan to winch perhaps a lot, real hard core. I mean the Rubicon is nothing what it was. We ran Dusy last year and that is like the Rubicon but longer, less people<<<<nice, but not open very long each year. what ever you choose be sure to go with what is reliable for your axle since we are talking Fordyce, you have a d30 i would not run that there. Big rocks and deep water.... you have trailer to get home if you break it?
Unread 03-28-2015, 10:17 PM   #6
Mousejockey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thnx, 30/35 in atm Rubi 44's at the shop getting regeared to 4:88's (or 5:13's still haven't decided) Set of 35/13.50/15 Toyo MT's sittin in the shop waitin on wheels. Lift n all is here, was gonna start it tonite but a friend wants to go up to spider so I said what the hell =)
Unread 04-03-2015, 05:07 PM   #7
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Even tho it doesn't sound like much... going from 33's to 35's IMHO is huge!!! If you're gonna regear, then IMHO it is a no brainer to go 35's... especially if you have a Rubi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2015, 07:57 PM   #8
Mousejockey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

35's and got the gears swapped to 5:13's
Unread 04-15-2015, 03:10 PM   #9
suicideking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If you're considering 35's, then go that route from the beginning. Don't be like me -- started with 33's, then switched to 35's less than a year later. You will lose money selling your used 33's.
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2015, 09:52 PM   #10
Mousejockey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

35's re already here axles re geared, just putting it all back together now. problem is I go to put something back in (gas tank) and see the skid and figure why not paint it, and while its all out, why not clean it all up underneath, Ive been at this for awhile now but at least I'm running out of stuff to see

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.