Rowher FLATS! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Rowher FLATS!

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 03-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #16
itzfreddie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Bouquet canyon is still open all the way to the top, and over the ridge down into rower. Beer been to drink water though.

itzfreddie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #17
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzfreddie View Post
Bouquet canyon is still open all the way to the top, and over the ridge down into rower. Beer been to drink water though.
Thanks, now hopefully there won't be a raging fire when we get there. Drinkwater is off San Franciscito Road and used to have a hell of an entrance, kinda like a small gate keeper. I guess all the busted vehicle parts and spilled fluid stains caused the NSF to grade it smooth. That was almost 20 yrs ago, crap time flies. Maybe it's back to it's old rutted, ledged condition by now if it's open at all.
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #18
JimmydaGreek

2002 WJ 

Jumping in here, hope to be done with suspension in a couple weeks and I'll roll with you guys. I live in Northrige.
Unread 03-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #19
itzfreddie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmydaGreek View Post
Jumping in here, hope to be done with suspension in a couple weeks and I'll roll with you guys. I live in Northrige.
well if you need help with anything, i'd love to come out and help. im on the border of northridge and porter ranch, it be cool to go wheeling.

By the way, going out to drinkwater to check it out friday, along with going up boque canyon if anybody wants to tag along. i have a crew that plays well with other i promise
thinking of heading out around 5 ish
Unread 03-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #20
JimmydaGreek

2002 WJ 

Quote:
well if you need help with anything, i'd love to come out and help. im on the border of northridge and porter ranch, it be cool to go wheeling.

By the way, going out to drinkwater to check it out friday, along with going up boque canyon if anybody wants to tag along. i have a crew that plays well with other i promise
thinking of heading out around 5 ish
Thanks I appreciate that. I'm near the Northridge mall on Winnetka border by the way. Waiting on my adj control arms to get here and will prob install this weekend with new TRE's and get alignment. Maybe meet up and head out locally in the next week to two.
Unread 03-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #21
itzfreddie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

that would be cool, did some reading on your lift, how much did you lift it in total?
and which OME spring did you buy, thinking of getting some OME Heavy Duty for my front and rear bumper with hard top and would like a reccomendation, although money is still the only thing holding me back
Unread 03-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #22
JimmydaGreek

2002 WJ 

Quote:
that would be cool, did some reading on your lift, how much did you lift it in total?
and which OME spring did you buy, thinking of getting some OME Heavy Duty for my front and rear bumper with hard top and would like a reccomendation, although money is still the only thing holding me back
On my WJ I have the OME HD 3" springs and just installed RC 3/4" spacers in the front and OME 10mm spacers in the back. I haven't measured from the hub yet but after I hopefully get everything else installed this weekend I will and post results. I got everything from Kolak, great prices.
Unread 03-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #23
itzfreddie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

never head of kolak but a quick search and apperantly he is the best. thanks for the tip
if you need any help just let me know here and id love to come wrench on a jeep
Unread 03-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #24
motodude248
2002 WJ 

I have not heard of this place yet and have been living in Granada Hills for almost a year while I finish up at CSUN. Would be interested in going sometime soon and meet some new people very close by.
motodude248 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #25
JimmydaGreek

2002 WJ 

Yeah Nick at Kolak is the best, seriously. Looking forward to some local wheeling with the locals soon. Thanks.
Unread 03-14-2013, 05:14 AM   #26
Cargo636

Quote:
if you need any help just let me know here and id love to come wrench on a jeep
Do you have any experance with swapping a motor?
I've got some serious blow by and thinking of picking up a junkyard motor for $300 w/a 90 day warranty. Only thing is I don't have the know how or tools to pull this job off on my own.
Really itching to get back out on the trails even after just one outing.

Sorry to be off topic.
Cargo636 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #27
itzfreddie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Which kind of motor you thinking of swapping in?

Because if its a direct fit with your car, it will be much easier. Still not easy, I'm helping a buddy put a 440 in his charger, which is a direct fit into the current motor mounts.
Unread 03-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #28
itzfreddie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Motodude, you in north ridge?

You should hit up the trails with me this weekend!
Unread 03-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #29
Cargo636

Quote:
Which kind of motor you thinking of swapping in?

Because if its a direct fit with your car, it will be much easier. Still not easy, I'm helping a buddy put a 440 in his charger, which is a direct fit into the current motor mounts.

It should be a direct replacement 4.0 stock motor, but I know how things go.
I still need to buy the motor so I'm not sure what it will come with or without, but the jeep does run now just has oil coming out from the valve cover.
Cargo636 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #30
itzfreddie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

That should be easy!

I have the 4.0 engine too, and I know how most things work, I'm an armature but these engines are simple as hell

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.