JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/)
-   -   Roll Call: Who's Going to Big Bear Over the 4th? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/roll-call-whos-going-big-bear-over-4th-1060841/)

roadking 06-30-2010 11:27 AM

Roll Call: Who's Going to Big Bear Over the 4th?

I'll be up in Big Bear from the 2nd trhough the 4th. Already have plans to run Gold Mtn and John Bull Saturday...meeting at the Gold Mtn trailhead off Hwy 18 at 9:00 am. Anyone else planning on running any other trails?

Happy 4th Everyone!

danman33 06-30-2010 02:26 PM

I will be up there on the 4th as well.....Plan right now is to drive up Saturday afternoon and come back Monday monring. maybe I can talk the wife in to going up on Friday or early Saturday to meet you on your run. If not, were certainly gonna hit some trails on Sunday.

Dan

mJUSTINm 06-30-2010 05:33 PM

Sounds fun but I'll be wheeling up north in the Mammoth area.

roadking 07-02-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danman33 (Post 9714747)
I will be up there on the 4th as well.....Plan right now is to drive up Saturday afternoon and come back Monday monring. maybe I can talk the wife in to going up on Friday or early Saturday to meet you on your run. If not, were certainly gonna hit some trails on Sunday.

Dan

You're welcome to join in...we'll be at the trailhead at 9:00 AM if you decide to come up early :tea:

danman33 07-03-2010 10:16 AM

Sorry we were not able to make it early today.....Heading up this afternoon and planning on hitting some trails tomorrow...Nothing planned just head out some time after breakfast...I'm thinking right now that I will start over by 2N10 Skyline since I have never been on the trails on south side of the lake. Maybe we'll see you around this weekend.....have fun and be safe.

Dan

roadking 07-03-2010 08:11 PM

Had a great run today! Hit Gold Mtn at 9:00...great warm up tor John Bull. When we got to John Bull, we were something near 18th in line to the "gait keeper". Took almost an hour for us to reack it. The trail was pretty chewed up, rocks moved/placed everywhere, breakdowns etc. Once we got started the run went great, no issues. When we got to the top, the huge group ahead of us stopped for lunch and we blew by them...open trail the rest of the way. Overall it was a great day! Busy, but you have to expect that on a holiday weekend.

danman33 07-03-2010 11:51 PM

Glad to hear you had a good run...

We wern't able to make it....My Jeep actually just died on our way up the 15. Engine light came on and wont start. I had it towed home and everything poinst at the CPS, but I replaced it and no luck....I will try to trouble shoot more in the morning....Who knows, I may just have to load up the truck and head to BB in the AM.

Well have a good time and be safe.

Dan

Diamond-x 07-04-2010 11:18 AM

[QUOTE=roadking;9731917]Had a great run today!QUOTE]

Awesome! Pics?

Motomaniac321 07-06-2010 03:00 PM

I wish I had seen this post a few days ago. I was in Big Bear for the 4th but didn't do any off roading. Instead I spent the entire day at my family's cabin with a bunch of annoying little kids. What a shame; I guess I need to come on here more often.

roadking 07-06-2010 09:45 PM

[quote=Diamond-x;9733974]
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadking (Post 9731917)
Had a great run today!QUOTE]

Awesome! Pics?

I don't know why, but I always forget to take pics/vids. :ghost:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtomaniac321 (Post 9743732)
I wish I had seen this post a few days ago. I was in Big Bear for the 4th but didn't do any off roading. Instead I spent the entire day at my family's cabin with a bunch of annoying little kids. What a shame; I guess I need to come on here more often.

Repeat 10 times..."I will not go to Big Bear again without posting/checking in JF". :rtft:

Motomaniac321 07-06-2010 10:03 PM

[quote=roadking;9746176]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamond-x (Post 9733974)
Repeat 10 times..."I will not go to Big Bear again without posting/checking in JF". :rtft:

haha i really should check more. my family has a cabin up there so i'm there all the time, yet i rarely go out on the trails. most of my time is spent with people that don't off road. i'd go more if i had people to go with me, but none of my friends have off road vehicles. i need more jeep friends i suppose.

roadking 07-06-2010 10:30 PM

[quote=mtomaniac321;9746270]
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadking (Post 9746176)

haha i really should check more. my family has a cabin up there so i'm there all the time, yet i rarely go out on the trails. most of my time is spent with people that don't off road. i'd go more if i had people to go with me, but none of my friends have off road vehicles. i need more jeep friends i suppose.

Just put up a post here...someone will usually respond...instant off road friend. :highfive:

danman33 07-07-2010 09:04 AM

My family also has a place in Big Bear and I have only had the Jeep for a little over a year so I haven't hit all the trails yet. I also don't have all the upgrades like roadking so I tend to stick to some of the more mild trails for now...I will say though that once you get the itch, you just start to go for it....There is nothing like that feeling when you just cleared a section you didn't think you were gonna make.....

Anyway, be sure and post next time your going....I'm already looking to scratch that itch being that I didn't make it last weekend and now the Jeep is back up and running....Can't go this weekend but maybe a week or two after.

Dan

The time now is 03:51 AM.