Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Roll call: where are all the SoCal WJ's at???

13K views 121 replies 16 participants last post by  PhantomWJ 
#1 ·
I know there are a good amount of you on the WJ forum posting, so just thought I'd get us all together for some wheeling, meet & greets, photoshoots, etc.

Post up with your location and pic of our WJ. And if you're on Facebook, join our group as well: http://www.facebook.com/groups/socalwj/

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm in LA (Hawthorne)
I got it a month ago put a 4" lift and 32" km2's, not quite ready to go wheeling. I need to relocate the wiper fluid resivoir, a little more trimming and change out the t-case and diff fluids. After the holidays I'm defiantly down for some wheeling!

Attachments

#4 ·
Good to see other WJ's in SoCal, especially with mods. Don't forget to join the SoCal WJ facebook group as well (assuming you use facebook), which is growing and quite active. Lots of discussion of trails, future events, maintenance & repairs, and of course various mods and upgrades. Don't worry if you're not on Facebook, i'll be sure to cross post anything interesting here.

Here is my old 1999 Laredo, also on a 6in long arm lift with 33's. This was from Big Bear a couple years ago.

#5 ·
I kinda regret going with a 4" lift, I want to go a bit higher now. I though about adding spacers but I don't want compromise the ride quality any more, o well. I'm looking for some rock slidders, do you guys know of a place around here that fabricates slidders?

#6 ·
I've got spacers on the front of mine and I don't think it changes the ride quality, but thats my 2 cents. As far as Fab work, I haven't had any done myself to personally recommend but I believe a few guys on Orange county roll call does Fab work.

I would ask on these two threads and you'll probably get some help:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/roll-call-los-angeles-county-1251477/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/roll-call-orange-county-776306/

AND you can check Craigslist because I've seen a lot of Local shops advertise on there as well.

#15 ·
I know there are a good amount of you on the WJ forum posting, so just thought I'd get us all together for some wheeling, meet & greets, photoshoots, etc.

Post up with your location and pic of our WJ. And if you're on Facebook, join our group as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/socalwj/

I like that look of your jeep! mine is nothing special! only a two inch lift, clear coat peeling off, a small dent in the rear, and a few issues still remaining after five years of chasing a ghost and a few grand...

But I am finding some renewed like for my jeep. in fact, I just reinsured it a week ago, but haven't paid the tags on it in about five years... we should have snow Tuesday night so having my jeep running is a nice thing!

#22 ·
hey SoCal WJ's, we're having a meet up at TDS, on Saturday, March 7th. Then later in the day, we'll probably mess around Telephone Booth Hill among other places. Should be a decent turn out of WJ's, and would always be nice to have more and meet some new friends and faces.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you the info, otherwise feel free to join our Facebook group with all the details.

#23 ·
I posted in the other WJ thread, but thought I'd post here too. My rock sliders just shipped today, so I should have them installed by the 7th for TDS. Doing my best to make it.

I'm in Glendale with my "soccer mom champagne" Laredo.

#31 ·
#41 ·
Has anyone done the Dusy Ershim Trail in a WJ before?
I'm planing to run it some time in August, i want to get some advise from some one that has taken a Wj, i know its a long tough trail and tight in places. but iv seen videos of full size trucks and land cruisers doing it.
im still building my rig, currently i have a 4" lift with 32" im hoping the Quadradrive will get me through, so no lockers. im planning to get some armor (rock sliders, diff guards, transfer case skid)and do a gas tank lift by then.
any advise is appreciated,

Thanks

#42 ·
Has anyone done the Dusy Ershim Trail in a WJ before?
I'm planing to run it some time in August, i want to get some advise from some one that has taken a Wj, i know its a long tough trail and tight in places. but iv seen videos of full size trucks and land cruisers doing it.
im still building my rig, currently i have a 4" lift with 32" im hoping the Quadradrive will get me through, so no lockers. im planning to get some armor (rock sliders, diff guards, transfer case skid)and do a gas tank lift by then.
any advise is appreciated,

Thanks
don't know anyone who has done it in a WJ, but my mechanic did it in his XJ with 33's and lockers, but this was a while ago. not sure if the trail has changed since then, as in become more difficult and challenging due to erosion, etc

pics of your WJ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.