Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Roll call: where are all the SoCal WJ's at???

13K views 121 replies 16 participants last post by  PhantomWJ 
#1 ·
I know there are a good amount of you on the WJ forum posting, so just thought I'd get us all together for some wheeling, meet & greets, photoshoots, etc.

Post up with your location and pic of our WJ. And if you're on Facebook, join our group as well: http://www.facebook.com/groups/socalwj/

See less See more
#71 ·
Good morning WJ'ers. Just noticed the event details were the 2nd Annual Jeep Beach West was posted this morning. I've been wanting to do one of these types of Jeep beach events which seem very popular on the east coast. So if you're interested in playing in some sand dunes with other Jeeps, this is your opportunity. Would be nice to have a good WJ showing. Anyhow, it was started last year by a fellow WJ'er here on JF, and will once again take place at the Ocean Dunes SVRA (aka Pismo Beach). Will happen on the weekend of June 13-14th. Registrants receive an entry bag with some unique JBW stickers, and a raffle ticket for recovery gear. Save the date now, and let's all plan to head out there, and maybe even camp together.

Saturday, Jun 13th: wheeling, show n' shine, happy hour.
Sunday, Jun 14th: jeep parade down the beach, followed by wheeling and dune climbs.

http://www.jeepbeachwest.com

#72 ·
Installed the rock sliders today. now I'm ready for some rocks!

Attachments

#82 ·
wow! that looks pretty close on that last picture! did you scrape the side of jeep? did you take all the hard offshoots? there are some nasty parts that my old wrangler on pucker hill. anyway iv gone to Asuza in the WJ just to get on some dirt, and i did feel the difference of the LSD diffs when i was going up some of the hill climbs they have there. See you on the Trails!

#83 ·
Nope, no scraping. We took a lot of the hard offshoots. I don't really know where they all are, but this one was the one that had me almost scraping the wall:

And this was the steepest section of that offshoot. Sliders required for sure.

#85 ·
Awesome pictures! Iv never seen those markings before so wouldn't know but looks like you had fun! Have you done 2nx17, it's a few minuets away from the end of cleghorn if your going from the 15 to the lake? If not you should check it out. Post up when your going again.

#86 ·
I've ran 2N17X with a few guys last year and it was pretty fun. Took cleghorn from the freeway, then went around by the Dam and the start of the Pilot rock trail to catch 2N17X and dropped in by the back side of the lake. I'd be up for another run up there but have been wanting to go back to Gold Mountain and Holcomb too. :2thumbsup:

#94 ·
MEinSoCal said:
TSF_Films, I see you have the V8 Laredo. You've got the 242HD transfer case from the factory which is nice. :thumbsup:
I saw a lot of V8 Laredos with quadra track when I was looking for a WJ to buy. My V8 Laredo has quadra drive. Is there another option beside 242HD and 247 in the WJ? I did see the very rare V8 selec-trac combo a few times too.

#102 ·
Hey fellas, just got PM'd by Joseph, been out of touch for a while with work and slowly started popping back into the forums as I picked up a 2015 JKU Rubi. Anyway, mildly built my WJ for clearance purposes for hunting not really rock crawling but I like the ride.

Some of my mods:
OME springs on new spring pads
Bilstein 5100
JKS quick discos/Track bar
IRO UCA/LCA
IRO bushings in rear A-arm
Steering Stabilizer
Moog TRE/Drag Link
BFG AT's on Avilas w/IRO spacers
242HD swap
4.7 HO intake
Overland Rock Rails
Overland Steering Wheel
Etc...etc...

Attachments

#107 ·
I havent really done any major mods yet. I have repaired the air blend door, replaced the cv axles twice, upgraded to Akebono cailpers and pads. Oh, and I did slap on a set of front recovery hooks over the weekend. Found em on Craigslist for 20 bucks. And I have a cool looking roof rack. I was hoping to have a Kolak OME kit put on right around now, but we had to shell $1300 on a new AC for my wifes 2010 Equinox.

#109 ·
Good to see more SoCal WJ's checking in. The blend door job wasn't that bad if you did the cheater method by cutting through the glove box, and with the use of a dremel.

Any why are your CV axles needing replacement? Are you referring to the front CV axle shafts or the front drive shaft? Either way, CV axles don't seem to hold up over the long term. For the front CV axle shafts, I just use the Duralast part from AutoZone which has the lifetime warranty, and so far they're doing okay. :2thumbsup:

#116 ·
I prefer to run the trails with a few friends and without all the traffic, spotters and drama. No offense, just to much of a circus for me to enjoy a day of wheeling. Heck it's more fun to go and watch all the clown's that can't wheel, break there rigs trying to get over the gate keepers :hahaha:

#117 ·
99 Laredo V8 4x4 WJ here in Murrieta, CA.
Suspension is stock Upcountry 'til I can decide what I want.
242 TC swap, front Eaton True-Trac L/S, Factory U-joint driveshafts, Factory skidplates.
Viair portable compressor, tow straps, e-tool, hatchet.
I agree with mallcrawler, i'd prefer to go with a small group-
I'm heading to Ocitillo wells SVRA next weekend, Anyone wanna join me?
Leaving Saturday morning, camping overnight, heading back on Sunday.

#118 ·
Im not offended at all. I did hear a few people say my jeep is only a jeep in name only. I ended up following one of them lol. That was my first time with a big group. My family does this run every year they come from Nevada. I guess there is no wheeling out there lol .I did not know what I signed up for.The guide that was working with me was real patient. I think he was on a mission to get me trough the hard stuff with out damage. I had turned around there twice. I don't plan on going back to dish pan.I did it once thats enough.

#119 ·
I forgot the specs. 2004 4.5" rough country suspension, front and rear diff skid covers, rocker sliders, 4:56s tru track locker rear, 32" BFG's Rubicon wheels, custom rear hitch, front hitch with integrated radiator shield, spare tire well holds tow strap compressor a small winch, 4.0 supercharged inner cooled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.